Always a Wasp

Author Topic: Good article by BB  (Read 1473 times)

Neils

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
Good article by BB
« on: September 06, 2020, 10:09:21 AM »
Let me tell you something cucumber

mike909

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
Re: Good article by BB
« Reply #1 on: September 06, 2020, 11:05:09 AM »
Really good read

I like this

Their back row on Saturday consisted of Ben Morris, plucked from Championship club Nottingham two seasons ago, and, for nearly an hour, he was joined by current academy player Kieran Curran, following Sione Vailanu’s early injury. The  broad-shouldered 20-year-old packed down for his senior debut against a back row that has 460 Saracens appearances collectively.

To put his performance into some perspective, Billy Vunipola has started as many Premiership finals as Willis junior has Premiership games, with five.

So a debutante and a 5 game starter and Ben who has played some games put it to a Prem star studded back row with 460 appearance....just for Sarries

I think I'd be concerned if I supported the ES's...but as I don't...... :D

MarleyWasp

« Reply #2 on: September 06, 2020, 11:13:03 AM »
The problem with Billy is he gives the impression that his IQ is roughly 20% of the number of Premiership finals he's played in...

Shugs

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 06, 2020, 11:20:32 AM »
Really good article. Billy Vunipola has been living off reputation for a season or two. I've avoided watching Sarries unless they're playing us but it reminded me how niggly, arrogant and sulky they are. I agree with Bridge, most of what I've read focuses on Farrell's red rather than our fantastic win. Inevitable but disappointing.

MarleyWasp

« Reply #4 on: September 06, 2020, 11:22:14 AM »
In a match full of incidents, I think this summed up the difference between the two sides:

https://twitter.com/EdwardB24376757/status/1302218152021983233?s=19

JonnyD

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 06, 2020, 11:39:05 AM »
That arrogance has really crept into George’s game too over recent years and he is very dislikeable.

One thing I did think of during the game was when Atkinson had his head removed, Ridley quickly got in between us and Farrell, but nothing kicked off, think only Rowlands got close enough to say anything. We stayed calm and focussed on Charlie.
Of course it’s an unknown and merely speculation but I wondered what treatment Atkinson would have got from the likes of Rhodes, Billy and George had the roles been reversed in that situation?

Hymenoptera

• Trevor Leotas Twin
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 06, 2020, 02:26:15 PM »
Agreed..highly dislike able

Peej

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: September 06, 2020, 10:01:59 PM »
Won't miss Sarries next year. They are just completely unlikable. Arrogant in victory, cunts in defeat

WonkyWasp

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: September 07, 2020, 07:38:03 AM »
'Language, Timothy'.

Vespula Vulgaris

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: September 07, 2020, 10:57:16 AM »
Indeed. Whilst its hard to disagree I think the inbuilt censor might need some tweaking...
Please consider supporting the forum in 2022! Donate Here