Always a Wasp

Author Topic: Quins Crowd Test  (Read 1027 times)

Neils

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
Quins Crowd Test
« on: September 05, 2020, 11:11:28 AM »
We were talking last night whilst watching the matches and wondered if the Quins match is seen as a success how long it might be before other clubs got the chance to try it. If you take wee Jimmy up north they tried Murrayfield which is deemed a success but there has been no follow up (as there is a spike of Covid in Glasgow the ugly twins have got nowhere with their requests).
You would like to think a quick evaluation then slowly broaden it to bigger stadia (eg the Ricoh maybe). Probably a false hope.
Let me tell you something cucumber

Heathen

• View Profile
Re: Quins Crowd Test
« Reply #1 on: September 05, 2020, 11:48:42 AM »
The Ricoh (and Ashton Gate) had been mooted as possible venues fot a test audience. Beginning of October was the timeline.

Neils

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 05, 2020, 11:58:07 AM »
The Ricoh (and Ashton Gate) had been mooted as possible venues fot a test audience. Beginning of October was the timeline.
Yes but the Quins test came out of the blue. Other sports are getting "tests" as well. Cambridge United have two games at home as test events soon.
« Last Edit: September 05, 2020, 12:01:02 PM by Neils »

Neils

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 07, 2020, 10:34:00 AM »
I note from Robert Kitsons column in the Guardian that Quins want to (and see no reason not to) have crowds for their match with Wasps. I wonder what gives them the god given right to have crowds back first and, potentially,  consistently.

Neils

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 07, 2020, 12:37:56 PM »
And Cov Rugby showing Sunday's match live with a meal. Good on them for doing this. Nothing from Wasps though.