Always a Wasp

Author Topic: THE WASPS LOVE-IN POST  (Read 3098 times)

Vespula Vulgaris

• Administrator
    • View Profile
Re: THE WASPS LOVE-IN POST
« Reply #15 on: September 09, 2020, 09:34:16 PM »
I love having to apologise to my Tigers supporting mate about the thrashing we just gave them.
Please consider supporting the forum in 2022! Donate Here

hopwood

« Reply #16 on: September 09, 2020, 09:49:01 PM »
I really love the fact that we have youngsters that can now seamlessly swap/switch into key positions - without any drop in team performance.

That’s truly amazing.
The Saracens victory epitomised this.
Tonight also. 

Hymenoptera

• Trevor Leotas Twin
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: September 09, 2020, 10:02:25 PM »
I love myself for being me  :-[

Harry the wasp

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: September 10, 2020, 10:03:45 AM »
For those of you who are a certain age and remember Janet Webb at the end of The Morecambe and Wise Show:

"I love you all"
Only supporting teams beginning with a W.

Nigel Med

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: September 10, 2020, 11:38:50 AM »
I love the fact that we no longer have to rely on expensive overseas imports because Lee and not forgetting Dai before him have built a genuinely strong squad. Not just a really good starting 15, a full squad of highly talented interchangeable players who have been instilled with a phenomenal team spirit which has been missing for a long time. They're predominantly youngsters with many coming through the academy which is great for the future. Where are the posts worrying about who might be leaving and hoping we can sign the latest All Black, Wallaby or Springbok looking to prop up his pension? We're not in Chiefs class yet but the future is looking VERY promising.

Tervueren

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: September 10, 2020, 11:44:34 AM »
I love the fact that we no longer have to rely on expensive overseas imports because Lee and not forgetting Dai before him have built a genuinely strong squad. Not just a really good starting 15, a full squad of highly talented interchangeable players who have been instilled with a phenomenal team spirit which has been missing for a long time. They're predominantly youngsters with many coming through the academy which is great for the future. Where are the posts worrying about who might be leaving and hoping we can sign the latest All Black, Wallaby or Springbok looking to prop up his pension? We're not in Chiefs class yet but the future is looking VERY promising.

Not checked the "other place" recently, preferring the "glee club". Do we still have poor quality/championship standard/aldi level recruits and sub-standard coaching staff?

If so, they are doing quite well.

JonnyD

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: September 10, 2020, 01:19:15 PM »
On paper we always had a good squad, but as we said back then, something clearly wasn’t right with culture, confidence, coaching, conditioning - who knows.

There have been a few changes with the back room staff but not enough to warrant such a quick turn around.
I think things had gone stale with Dai, confidence was low and as Lee said there was a culture of fear - fear of losing, a fear of trying things, then possibly a fear in selecting younger guys and sticking with the tried and tested despite results.
Change came at a good time.
Even with Dai at the helm during these times I’m not sure we would have seen the likes of Atkinson and Curran given a game against Sarries. His hand would have been forced to play younger guys but Lee has instilled something different in this team very quickly and I love that!
Sure there will be ups and downs along the way but it’s a lot more fun again all of a sudden

WonkyWasp

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: September 10, 2020, 01:30:37 PM »
  + 1

Beasties

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: September 10, 2020, 04:12:59 PM »
On paper we always had a good squad, but as we said back then, something clearly wasn’t right with culture, confidence, coaching, conditioning - who knows.

There have been a few changes with the back room staff but not enough to warrant such a quick turn around.
I think things had gone stale with Dai, confidence was low and as Lee said there was a culture of fear - fear of losing, a fear of trying things, then possibly a fear in selecting younger guys and sticking with the tried and tested despite results.
Change came at a good time.
Even with Dai at the helm during these times I’m not sure we would have seen the likes of Atkinson and Curran given a game against Sarries. His hand would have been forced to play younger guys but Lee has instilled something different in this team very quickly and I love that!
Sure there will be ups and downs along the way but it’s a lot more fun again all of a sudden
Completely agree that things became too staid under Dai. Credit where it's due.