Always a Wasp

Author Topic: Tigers and the EAs  (Read 1074 times)

Neils

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
Tigers and the EAs
« on: September 10, 2020, 04:28:40 PM »
Yesterday's results are the crossover point apparently.  If the EAs had only got the original 35 point reduction last night they would have overtaken Tigers. This according to someone on the Tigers board.
Let me tell you something cucumber

InBetweenWasp

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
Re: Tigers and the EAs
« Reply #1 on: September 10, 2020, 04:45:39 PM »
Feel for Tigers.  A proper rugby club with a decent set of (one-eyed) fans and a rich heritage.  It's sad to see.

3-4 seasons of complete mismanagement now where they've wasted time chopping and changing coaches as well as the board doing the recruitment rather than the Coaching Staff.

Genge looked totally fed up last night after coming off and you can't blame him.  Yet, he's exactly the sort of player they should be using to move their squad forward, he represents the 'old Tigers' in he's hugely physical, never takes a backwards step and is a nuisance to play against.  He's got that bit of nastiness that I think puts a bit of fear into teams that Leicester used to have in spades.

DGP Wasp

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 10, 2020, 04:51:10 PM »
I do feel for Tigers and for their fans.  Were it not for Sarries they really would be staring down the barrel now.  I know they had a lot of youngsters out there yesterday, but to go down in the manner they did was embarrassing.  I'm not saying I didn't enjoy watching Wasps run riot in the way they did, but wins over Leicester meant more when they were so much harder to come by.

They're in a worse predicament than we found ourselves in back in 2012, certainly on the pitch and potentially off it too.  With transfer activity for next season seemingly done and dusted, they must be favourites for the drop next year.  To think that for years when they were led by Johnno and Lol respectively, Tigers and Wasps really were the foremost sides not only in England but in Europe.  Hopefully Borthwick can turn their fortunes round which may in turn make them more attractive to a potential investor.  I hope Tigers can bounce back just as we have as the league will be the poorer without them. 

DGP Wasp

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 10, 2020, 04:54:03 PM »
Genge looked totally fed up last night after coming off and you can't blame him.  Yet, he's exactly the sort of player they should be using to move their squad forward, he represents the 'old Tigers' in he's hugely physical, never takes a backwards step and is a nuisance to play against.  He's got that bit of nastiness that I think puts a bit of fear into teams that Leicester used to have in spades.

I looked at Genge in his seat after he came off and thought that he looked like he was wishing he'd gone with Manu.

westwaleswasp

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 10, 2020, 05:03:22 PM »
It has come to something when there is nothing but sympathy for Tigers and their fans across the boards. They would not want that.
I don't think they are as badly placed as some, but they are clearly in trouble.
A series of bad decisions off the pitch has really hurt them, but their fundamentals- ground, fans, academy are solid.
« Last Edit: September 10, 2020, 05:05:59 PM by westwaleswasp »

MarleyWasp

« Reply #5 on: September 10, 2020, 06:40:21 PM »
I think Leicester fans need to be a bit patient. Some of their better signings have yet to arrive and another is in quarantine. They also had the five unplanned departures which meant they had to bring in players short term. The danger of doing that, especially at the moment is those who could arrive in time aren't all that great.

With games coming thick and fast it's impossible to gain any momentum when you're losing and hard for coaches to work on things when you have one or two training sessions between games. I think we'll have a better indication of where they are in March.

The big question for the board is whether they're prepared to put up with some painful results under Borthwick. Leicester have been trying to play the way they did when Johnson and Back were in the squad and the game has moved on. They have a lot of catching up to do and it won't happen overnight. There are going to be painful matches as they develop but if they stick with it they will get there.

If they aren't committed to change they'll sack Borthwick before long and end up relegated.