Always a Wasp

Author Topic: Game Comments  (Read 10505 times)

St Bruno

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
Re: Game Comments
« Reply #90 on: September 16, 2020, 09:34:05 AM »
Backdoc,
Sadly, they will indeed be back in two years..... but here's hoping they won't!

I think everyone who knew about, or just turned a blind eye to, the SC cheating should have been banned for a long time, as you say. I don't know whether that would include any or all of the coaches but certainly the management would be included.
For me, that would include the despicable N Wray, the SA bloke who quit the board just before this all blew up and McCall at the very least.

RogerE

• Old Wasps Player (Not saying which team and when!)
    • View Profile
« Reply #91 on: September 16, 2020, 12:13:54 PM »
The Saffa parent of one of my gymnasts, who is a friend of some of the Saffa players and the former Saffa board members tells me it was because they found out about the "private financial arrangements" between Wray and certain players, and because Wray would not back down over it, and his bombastic "I know best" attitude, that the former Saffa backers pulled out

Bloke in North Dorset

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #92 on: September 16, 2020, 09:42:30 PM »
Backdoc,

I think everyone who knew about, or just turned a blind eye to, the SC cheating should have been banned for a long time, as you say. I don't know whether that would include any or all of the coaches but certainly the management would be included.
For me, that would include the despicable N Wray, the SA bloke who quit the board just before this all blew up and McCall at the very least.

I thought the crime they were punished for was not allowing their books to be audited, so we really don’t know who knew what and when?

Whilst I agree with the sentiment, it’s against natural justice to punish people without evidence. 

BG

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #93 on: September 19, 2020, 05:48:13 PM »
Backdoc,

I thought the crime they were punished for was not allowing their books to be audited, so we really don’t know who knew what and when?

Whilst I agree with the sentiment, it’s against natural justice to punish people without evidence.

PRL found evidence of salary cap infringements based on what PRL were allowed to see under the rules signed by the 13 clubs and PRL. Sarries were docked 35 points

PRL suspected much more was going on and asked to see the books of the company (probably under duress from the other 12 clubs, one of which had already done extensive investigations) which under PRL rules they weren't permitted to do

Sarries declined.

A real world analogy would be someone who has drunk 10 - 20 pints, decided to ignore the rules that almost everyone adheres to and then been pulled over by the police and refused to give a breath test knowing the sentence for not providing is the lesser evil.

The drunken driver is prepared to not "give evidence" knowing he (or she) will face a lesser sentence doing so and accept the charge for not giving a breath test.. which is what Sarries did.. hence the extra 70 points by PRL.

If what Sarries did was an act of owner exuberance then they would have allowed PRL to look into their books.. took a slap on the wrist.. move on. They didn't though.

HDAWG

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #94 on: September 19, 2020, 08:03:56 PM »
You know, I always look forward to seeing comments on here regarding post match analysis and our performances.

Seeing people talk about Sarries, AGAIN, is unbelievably disappointing because it's so boring at this point it. Free speech and all that... But come on. Give it a break.

(I hate Sarries, and was supporting Leinster too)