Always a Wasp

Author Topic: Wasps Gold  (Read 2052 times)

Neils

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
Wasps Gold
« on: September 16, 2020, 09:51:20 AM »
Let me tell you something cucumber

DGP Wasp

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
Re: Wasps Gold
« Reply #1 on: September 16, 2020, 10:17:20 AM »
12 x 330ml cans for £23.90 = nearly £3.50 a pint!!!  Think I'll pass.

Neils

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 16, 2020, 10:32:09 AM »
Depends where you live. £3.50 a pint (not had one for a very long time!) is cheap.

Anyway it is another way to get the Wasps Branding out. Both parties to be commended.

InBetweenWasp

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 16, 2020, 10:41:22 AM »
I quite like the Purity Beers, albeit have only ever had them at The Ricoh. 

Mind you, if you think £3.50/pint is steep (and it is on the expensive side for a tinny) wait until you see the £8.50 delivery fee 

DGP Wasp

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 16, 2020, 11:34:45 AM »
Depends where you live. £3.50 a pint (not had one for a very long time!) is cheap.

Anyway it is another way to get the Wasps Branding out. Both parties to be commended.

In a pub where it's freshly poured into a glass yes, £3.50 is cheaper than average (only just in some parts of the country).  To sit at home with a can it is not.  Purity's bottles are less than £15 for 8 x 500ml which is more like £2 a pint.

Is it getting the Wasps branding out or is it using the Wasps branding to charge a premium to Wasps fans for what is probably the Pure Gold repackaged and rebranded.

Each to their own.  Seems a touch exploitative to me.

Dgwasp

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 16, 2020, 02:13:46 PM »
A lot of brewery's are producing these little 330 ml cans and flogging them at anywhere between £2-3 per can... Calling them Craft ale I believe is what adds to the price.

Unbelievable when you can get four 500ml bottles of ale for £5.

Expensive but I am tempted to get a case.

InBetweenWasp

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 16, 2020, 02:37:38 PM »
... is it using the Wasps branding to charge a premium to Wasps fans for what is probably the Pure Gold repackaged and rebranded

I think it's exactly this and i'm sure Wasps get a kick-back, so supports Wasps at the same time.  I'll probably buy a case, despite the delivery charge!

Neils

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: September 16, 2020, 02:40:59 PM »
... is it using the Wasps branding to charge a premium to Wasps fans for what is probably the Pure Gold repackaged and rebranded

I think it's exactly this and i'm sure Wasps get a kick-back, so supports Wasps at the same time.  I'll probably buy a case, despite the delivery charge!

Also if I remember Purity have renewed their sponsorship/partnership with Wasps for 5 years.

Tervueren

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: September 16, 2020, 02:43:10 PM »
Tried supporting Wasps via the "fan at stadium" photo thing. To start with it just did not work then, when it did, after a few days I got an email from the supplier saying we had missed the deadline (despite there being a few more home games to go), heard nothing from Wasps.

I emailed Wasps about 3 times to find out what was going on and no-one bothered to respond. So apparently support is not needed.

Shall not bother with the beer.

Vespula Vulgaris

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: September 16, 2020, 03:15:16 PM »
Tried supporting Wasps via the "fan at stadium" photo thing. To start with it just did not work then, when it did, after a few days I got an email from the supplier saying we had missed the deadline (despite there being a few more home games to go), heard nothing from Wasps.

I emailed Wasps about 3 times to find out what was going on and no-one bothered to respond. So apparently support is not needed.

Don't write them off for not responding. They are incredibly short staffed and are only just about managing to pay for an absolute skeleton staff. Despite games being played again the club lives and dies off its ticket sales and there haven't been any at all of them for some time.

The fact that they didn't respond is a sign of how much they need the support, not the opposite.
Please consider supporting the forum in 2022! Donate Here

Tervueren

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: September 16, 2020, 03:26:00 PM »

Don't write them off for not responding. They are incredibly short staffed and are only just about managing to pay for an absolute skeleton staff. Despite games being played again the club lives and dies off its ticket sales and there haven't been any at all of them for some time.

The fact that they didn't respond is a sign of how much they need the support, not the opposite.

I was just annoyed that an attempt to give support was ignored, not even acknowledged. I ran a business for years with only me to answer emails and calls from all over the world an any time of day and night, and made sure that I did or else I would have not had a business. It can be done even when up against it.

However, fair point, well made. Would not write them off (however narky* I am feeling at a given moment). Might prefer to make a direct donation rather then buy expensive beer though.

*to clarify - not Narky at the team who have just given us another fantastic few weeks
« Last Edit: September 16, 2020, 03:34:58 PM by Tervueren »

bigad82

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: September 17, 2020, 09:38:55 AM »
It isn't craft beer it's beer.
Marking up £1.50 a can.