Always a Wasp

Author Topic: Wade update by BB  (Read 3098 times)

Rossm

• Hey, Slow Down.
    • View Profile
Re: Wade update by BB
« Reply #15 on: September 21, 2020, 06:22:18 PM »
He may be a great player, but there are many great players, all with different attributes and you select based on the attributes you require.
He could beat two men in a phone box but offered no more aerial prowess than my nan...horses for courses.

Actually I thought Wadey's aerial game had improved no end. He could jump very high and claim a ball. However, I don't know your nan - she may surprise us all :D
SLAVA UKRAINI!
HEROYAM SLAVA!

WonkyWasp

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: September 21, 2020, 06:50:36 PM »
Is Hymenoptera's Nan still playing?

PestNproud

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: September 21, 2020, 06:58:49 PM »
He may be a great player, but there are many great players, all with different attributes and you select based on the attributes you require.
He could beat two men in a phone box but offered no more aerial prowess than my nan...horses for courses.

Actually I thought Wadey's aerial game had improved no end. He could jump very high and claim a ball. However, I don't know your nan - she may surprise us all :D

That's the Wade I was thinking of -- was so impressed with how he massively upped his aerial and defensive game before he left, but clearly not everyone saw things same way (and no apologies for always having been a fan)... for a while, it seemed to cost him his natural game and speed (phone boxing!), but that seemed to come back, too. Phenomenal work-rate and hunger, as well.

Just reminiscing on a thread about him...
« Last Edit: September 21, 2020, 07:05:08 PM by PestNproud »

Hymenoptera

• Trevor Leotas Twin
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: September 21, 2020, 07:41:46 PM »
Chuck a can of condensed milk and she'll beat you all...Wades jump had improved but still wasn't enough, his highlight reel doesn't show the misses.

westwaleswasp

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: September 21, 2020, 10:54:57 PM »
I thought his aerial game was fine in terms of jump, very good towards the end. Positionally less so, perhaps. By the end he was solid enough, certainly when you compare him to the revolving door that Daly became for us, or, say, Chris Ashton or Denny S for England, who were practically a welcome mat.....still it is all the past now, although Jones is still with us.
« Last Edit: September 21, 2020, 11:58:22 PM by westwaleswasp »

JonnyD

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: September 21, 2020, 11:15:41 PM »
His aerial game was far superior to Daly’s and Daly has all those starts at FB.
Took him about 10 games there to actually catch a contested high ball although he seems to have improved this year but I think Sarries do a lot of that in training