Always a Wasp

Author Topic: Premiership Final to be played away from Twickenham  (Read 3082 times)

Heathen

• View Profile
Re: Premiership Final to be played away from Twickenham
« Reply #15 on: September 25, 2020, 05:27:34 PM »
"Large pitch, high quality turf, easy transport access for the TV crew, large facilities to allow for social distancing... That probably knocks out Saracens, Worcester, Bath, Newcastle, Irish, Sale. If Exeter are out as likely finalists then you're down to Bristol, Quins, Tigers, Saints and Wasps"

One of the reasons they gave against Twickenham was they didn't think they'd get permission for an evening game to avoid clashing with the Ireland v Italy 6N game so that makes The Stoop doubtful.

If they need to plan it before the Semi finalists are known then its down to Northampton.

I read that it was the £500K price tag that the RFU wanted!!!!

MarleyWasp

« Reply #16 on: September 25, 2020, 06:01:57 PM »
It appears that the RFU may have used some common sense for the first time in their history:

https://www.premiershiprugby.com/news/premiership-rugby-will-celebrate-18th-final-at-twickenham

Horusthewasp

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: September 25, 2020, 07:31:40 PM »
It appears that the RFU may have used some common sense for the first time in their history:

https://www.premiershiprugby.com/news/premiership-rugby-will-celebrate-18th-final-at-twickenham

It would of been embarrassing if this hadn’t happened. Would be interesting to know details of the counter offer made...

BG

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: September 26, 2020, 08:17:30 AM »
Apparently reduced from £500k - £50k (same media outlet source) which I'm trying to get my head around.

If true it sort of points to the RFU's ineptness.

"Let's see if we can get away with charging half a million.. if not.. we'll accept £50k ".. errr