Always a Wasp

Author Topic: 2nd Place  (Read 2995 times)

mike909

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
Re: 2nd Place
« Reply #15 on: October 05, 2020, 09:39:39 AM »
As much as I like the idea that we'd be ahead of Sarries at this stage regardless of their points deduction, I think they may have approached some of their Premiership games a little differently if something had actually been at stake.  However, it's only right that we end up ahead of a team that we've beaten well both home and away during the regular season, just as we did Bath and Bristol.  (Same logic doesn't apply to Sale!)

It all becomes if and buts. Would they have had the previous success leading to greater successes later, if they hadn't cheated in the first place?

This is about where I stand - we can't know - we just did the best that we could given the teams we played.

I tend not to get into the "discussions" elsewhere on Sarries - but it took quite a lot of effort not to, when a regular poster wished them and their supporters all the best for next season AND worse......went on about the standards that Sarries had created in their play.

FFS....its way easier to set high standards if you cheat and can afford to play a pack with 5 Lions in it and a backline which at times had three more Lions in it......It is this sort of strange attitude that makes people a bit bristly about Sarries - most critics would just leave it, if Sarries supporters would just STFU