Always a Wasp

Author Topic: Premiership Rugby statement  (Read 22863 times)

baldpaul101

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
Re: Premiership Rugby statement
« Reply #135 on: October 06, 2020, 12:42:54 PM »
Eddie Jones comments on 3 players in his training squad that may not be allowed into camp because of Covid concerns (doesn't name them)

"If the players' want to come [into camp] that carries a responsibility - I'm not saying there are going to be perfect, but it's a choice they make," Jones added.

"Yes there are difficulties [with being in a bubble], but goodness me you just have to look around the world and see what difficulties there are.

"So we should be gracious about this opportunity. And if the players don't want to be gracious about it they won't be here."

andermt

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #136 on: October 06, 2020, 01:08:30 PM »
JCW, De Klerk, Beaumont, Ben Curry, Hammersley, De Jager, McGuigan, McGinty, Oosthuizen, Ross, Van Rensburg, Webber & Weise

some of those are injured Ben Curry, De Jager & I think McGuigan, but yes, there seem to be a number of big names that presumably are caught up in this.

I wondered how 1 Curry was okay to play and the other wasn't but if it's down to an injury that makes sense.

Dgwasp

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #137 on: October 06, 2020, 01:15:36 PM »
They have however chosen players who also played against saints and surely should also be isolating?

DGP Wasp

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #138 on: October 06, 2020, 01:19:18 PM »
Eddie Jones comments on 3 players in his training squad that may not be allowed into camp because of Covid concerns (doesn't name them)

"If the players' want to come [into camp] that carries a responsibility - I'm not saying there are going to be perfect, but it's a choice they make," Jones added.

"Yes there are difficulties [with being in a bubble], but goodness me you just have to look around the world and see what difficulties there are.

"So we should be gracious about this opportunity. And if the players don't want to be gracious about it they won't be here."

My assumption was that this was the Northampton lads, given Ribbans was playing in that pack against a number of Sale forwards who we can assume are among the positive test cases based on the team announced.  Also Mitchell at 9 would've been in prolonged close proximity.  Dingwall, Francis and Furbank also all played in that game.  Last thing anyone needs is for this to lead to an outbreak tearing through the England squad, so I'm sure they will be very cautious.

DGP Wasp

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #139 on: October 06, 2020, 01:24:45 PM »
They have however chosen players who also played against saints and surely should also be isolating?

I think they review video footage to establish how close infected players came to other individuals and for how long in order to determine who needs to self-isolate.  I can understand that outside backs could be seen not to have been close enough to anyone for long enough to pose a risk, loose forwards is pushing it.  However, the fact that Sale feel able to select 2 of the 6 front rows and 1 of the 3 second rows from the game against Northampton is incredible.

Vespula Vulgaris

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #140 on: October 06, 2020, 01:36:59 PM »
I find it impossible to believe that none of those who played against Saints spent any time in a ruck or maul with a player who is now positive.

This is a farce and it is risking people's lives.
Please consider supporting the forum in 2022! Donate Here

Neils

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #141 on: October 06, 2020, 01:55:57 PM »
I find it impossible to believe that none of those who played against Saints spent any time in a ruck or maul with a player who is now positive.

This is a farce and it is risking people's lives.

And the longer it drags on it the worse it looks.
Let me tell you something cucumber

Marlow Nick

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #142 on: October 06, 2020, 02:10:48 PM »
What did they all do at half time? Were there two changing rooms one for the infected and one for the uninfected players? If not they have all sat in a small space indoors for a full 15 minutes. That's enough to trigger self isolation requirements under government rules.

Mellie

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #143 on: October 06, 2020, 02:19:17 PM »
It's possible that the Sale players from the Saint's game who are selected tested negative last time. However, they would need to test negative again to assume that conclusion otherwise the risk is too great, particularly if the cause of the outbreak is down to a false negative result.

Marlow Nick

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #144 on: October 06, 2020, 02:29:45 PM »
What do you think would happen if Worcester, Wasps and Exeter all refused to play against Sale who then took the trophy by default. At what point do PRL wake up to the PR nightmare that they are creating?

RogerE

• Old Wasps Player (Not saying which team and when!)
    • View Profile
« Reply #145 on: October 06, 2020, 02:38:36 PM »
What do you think would happen if Worcester, Wasps and Exeter all refused to play against Sale who then took the trophy by default. At what point do PRL wake up to the PR nightmare that they are creating?
or what if the local (Coventry/Exeter) Public Health decided to intervene?

Vespula Vulgaris

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #146 on: October 06, 2020, 02:55:38 PM »
It's possible that the Sale players from the Saint's game who are selected tested negative last time. However, they would need to test negative again to assume that conclusion otherwise the risk is too great, particularly if the cause of the outbreak is down to a false negative result.

I was under the impression that if you had been exposed to a confirmed case then you were legally obliged to isolate for 14 days regardless of positive or negative tests.  It is only those people who develop symptoms with no known exposure who can stop isolating after a negative test.
Please consider supporting the forum in 2022! Donate Here

Dgwasp

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #147 on: October 06, 2020, 03:14:25 PM »
It is quite apparent that Sale have done there own investigation on who does and doesn't need to isolate and nobody is going to question their findings or decision.  So unless they see a rise in cases when the test results return, Wuss will need to decide if they want to play.

If not Sale can play on Saturday having had a nice long break albeit with reduced squad. If they play wasps I think we should push for further testing on Friday given the incubation period before positive tests come up.

NellyWellyWaspy

• Getting older a couple of minutes every day
    • View Profile
« Reply #148 on: October 06, 2020, 03:28:58 PM »
It is quite apparent that Sale have done there own investigation on who does and doesn't need to isolate and nobody is going to question their findings or decision.  So unless they see a rise in cases when the test results return, Wuss will need to decide if they want to play.

If not Sale can play on Saturday having had a nice long break albeit with reduced squad. If they play wasps I think we should push for further testing on Friday given the incubation period before positive tests come up.

What if ... they get no new cases today/tomorrow, and either Wuss cede the game (I would if I were them) or Sale win anyway, and then they test again on Friday, and then have to withdraw and cede to us ....

Just how atomic would Bath go?

BG

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #149 on: October 06, 2020, 03:47:46 PM »

I was under the impression that if you had been exposed to a confirmed case then you were legally obliged to isolate for 14 days regardless of positive or negative tests.  It is only those people who develop symptoms with no known exposure who can stop isolating after a negative test.

That's what I thought as well. Frankly how the positive tests came about is irrelevant (do the clubs themselves take the samples from players? )

I can't believe PHE haven't asked to intervene but then again it has transpired that one PHE area has been using old Excel spreadsheets to compile data and didn't realise that a spreadsheet has a limited amount of data it can hold