Always a Wasp

Author Topic: I am excited!  (Read 1018 times)

Wombles

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
I am excited!
« on: October 03, 2020, 09:03:07 PM »
(Posted on drunkenwasps but I want to share with all my Waspie brethren on here as well)

This is a thread for positivity and excitement (lord knows there are enough of the other kind knocking about the interweb currently) but I AM ABSOLUTELY EXCITED like a child on Christmas Eve about tomorrow! Yes I would love to be at the Ricoh with you all having a beer or 3, a pie that will repeat on me into the early hours of Sunday morning (thanks mum for genetically passing on reflux to me) and that WILL happen again! But tomorrow is game day and we are Donning our black and gold armour and tilting our jousts at Exeter’s chiefs with the opportunity to get into the play offs of what is arguably the best domestic rugby union league in the world! I have my oddballs boxers, wasps socks and game day shirt ready to go, my pregame ritual of coffee, rugby paper and walking the hound in the beautiful Surrey hills prior to the game, a roast dinner to enjoy with the wife and then seeing our lads given their all in the hallowed black and gold....whilst sharing in our pre match morning all and excitement, plus post game analysis on here with fellow Waspies! It does not get better than this, and after the first 10 games where just getting to the top 6 seemed fanciful, to have hopes and dreams of seeing our boys get in with a shout of lifting the premiership trophy over their heads like we witnessed with Dallaglio et al in 2008 is phenomenal (and what a day at HQ and in the patch after that!)

Tonight, tomorrow and going forward is all about being positive! Who’s with me?

COME ON YOU WASPS!!! ;D

Chris

Once a Wasp ALWAYS a Wasp!

Shugs

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
Re: I am excited!
« Reply #1 on: October 03, 2020, 09:17:01 PM »
Definitely with you. Whatever happens this season I think we can justifiably look forward to a period where our Academy graduates give us years of entertainment and success. The signs are good - the futures bright.

Brandnewtorugby

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 03, 2020, 10:10:12 PM »
Well said Wombles, with all the distraction we've been reading today this was timely and stiring eve of battle speach. I can almost see you riding the line on your horse asking who will fight with you!

Well I will, time to focus on and enjoy our game, Come On You Wasps!

FishingWasp

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 03, 2020, 10:42:24 PM »
  :) :) :)
Who needs Henry IV when we have Wombles!!
COYW
Just hope I can sleep tonight.