Always a Wasp

Author Topic: Siya Kolisi  (Read 5528 times)

coddy

• Wasps Rugby Supporter
    • View Profile
Re: Siya Kolisi
« Reply #15 on: October 04, 2020, 01:06:07 PM »
I agree it's unlikely to happen but what I don't agree on is we don't need need him.

Any side in club rugby can be improved upon by signing a world class flanker who has just captained his country to a World Cup final win.

JF

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: October 04, 2020, 01:11:27 PM »
This may make sense from a playing point of view but with the game's finances in such a parlous state, and with the likelihood that he won't come cheap, I think it would be a wrong move.

If the vaccine doesn't come quickly enough and crowds of a size which would sustain the game are not allowed to watch the game for, say, another six to nine months, I think we could see many clubs go to the wall. We've been close enough for me not to want to go within a mile of that happening again.

Steve from Cov

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: October 04, 2020, 02:22:21 PM »
Can’t see it happening.
We have moved away from the model of galacticos and towards a model of grow your own.
If there is any money to be invested - and I don’t think there is - it should go towards further developing the Academy.

Vespula Vulgaris

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: October 04, 2020, 02:32:34 PM »
To be blunt I'd rather have Nemo back.
Please consider supporting the forum in 2022! Donate Here

Steve from Cov

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: October 04, 2020, 05:01:21 PM »
We have some top class back row players and we still have the likes of Alfie and Gaby who are more than good enough to play there.

PestNproud

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: October 04, 2020, 06:45:53 PM »
Whilst this seems unlikely, did Shields' contract extension actually get confirmed? Would hate to lose him, but...

I also read somewhere that there are a bunch of top WC-winning Saffers on the market (incl. Kolisi), stuffed by combination of coronavirus, Super Rugby imploding, and French clubs having less capacity/funds for non-FQPs. Would guess Jaguares, and maybe Aussies, on the market in bulk as well...

Regardless of Sops' future in Coventry, doesn't the priority need to be a sucessor to Gopps? I can't even think of strong, potentially available marquee candidate, though I thought Miller again did really will stepping in as 12, i.e. has more to offer than employed to date.

JonnyD

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: October 04, 2020, 06:56:15 PM »
Mills already in to cover Gops.

Sopoaga is still with us next season, whether he can be shifted in the wage structure so that another marquee can come in remains to be seen.
Shields was in the list of re-signings a while ago, assume we have him until at least the end of next June

PestNproud

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: October 04, 2020, 07:12:38 PM »
Mills already in to cover Gops.

Sopoaga is still with us next season, whether he can be shifted in the wage structure so that another marquee can come in remains to be seen.
Shields was in the list of re-signings a while ago, assume we have him until at least the end of next June

Managed to forget all three of those with the split-season!

I like Mills, but early days and not yet obviously holding a candle to Gops, yet. Gops clearly has ingredient X (like Alex King and Fraser Waters), but maybe we don't need like-for-like if Blackett taking a deeper/broader more 'squad' and ongoing developmental approach than in the recent past, incl. baking in multiple playmakers. Not clued up on who's coming through academy on this front...

Tervueren

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: October 04, 2020, 11:07:46 PM »
TBH I thought our team was pretty good 12 months ago, just not quite clicking as it needed too, but close. Now, with some stuff to learn, we have 40+ players who can switch in and out of the matchday squad pretty well. Why might we thing it worth throwing megabucks after potential stardust with what we already have?

InBetweenWasp

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: November 09, 2020, 08:40:20 AM »
Lima tweeted last week that he’d watched Chasing The Sun, the documentary that follows the Springboks from about 18-24 months from the World Cup to the Final and was raving about it.

It’s not available in the Uk off of any of the streaming platforms but if you google it there’s a Reddit thread with some alright links to download and watch.

Watched it back to back on Friday evening and it’s brilliant - some of the stories and thinking are heart-warming and ingenious.

Well worth a watch.

A decent amount of input from WLR too including one part where he tells the coaches he’s not sure he’s good enough.

BG

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: November 09, 2020, 02:14:47 PM »
Isn't Chasing the Sun the anthem for darts?

HDAWG

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: January 07, 2021, 05:58:27 PM »
https://www.rugbypass.com/news/can-you-imagine-siya-kolisi-living-in-cov-the-rugby-pod-on-the-wasps-in-for-springboks-skipper-rumour-south-africa/

Rugby Pod addressed this rumour, which has been mentioned by Ruck (rubbish fantasy rugby) again. Goode highly doubts Kolisi would go to Wasps and expects he goes to France (like we all expect).

But when quizzed about Devoto and Stooke he said something along the lines of "no comment and Devoto didn't meet Blackett before January" kind of thing. He usually replies "no comment" to players we're linked with.

hookender

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: January 07, 2021, 07:28:09 PM »
Chances are Kolisi won’t be leaving South Africa .

https://c.newsnow.co.uk/A/1061616724?-11081:2392

Might even see some Sale boys go back

Heathen

• View Profile
« Reply #28 on: January 07, 2021, 07:36:03 PM »

Sopoaga is still with us next season, whether he can be shifted in the wage structure so that another marquee can come in.

Are you sure? If so, there is, more importantly, a chance that Malakai will still be here.

Neils

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: January 07, 2021, 07:45:09 PM »
Chances are Kolisi won’t be leaving South Africa .

https://c.newsnow.co.uk/A/1061616724?-11081:2392

Might even see some Sale boys go back

"Former Pro 14 teams" think he is making a little mistake there.
Let me tell you something cucumber