Always a Wasp

Author Topic: Morning all!  (Read 2493 times)

Wombles

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
Morning all!
« on: October 10, 2020, 07:19:41 AM »
Morning to all wasps near and far from a calm and peaceful Guildford. I am up, and feeling like a child on Christmas morning, with all the anticipation of running downstairs to be met with the glorious site of the Christmas tree lit and it’s festive lights reflecting magnificently off the presents below. Yet like Christmas where you wait until after lunch is devoured to tear excitedly into the gifts with the family, so must we wait for what promises to be one of the most exciting set of semi finals witnessed for quite some time. I will sooth my nerves with coffee and hound waking in the Surrey hills, but come 1:30 the edge of the sofa is reserved for witnessing high class drama unfold.

When you look at the teams there are match ups everywhere. Normally I would highlight one or 2, say Fekitoa v Radradra. Or Hughes v Shields. How about Earles v Young? Or how will Sheedy go with the support of Uren and S.Piatau Compared to Jacob with Robson and Jimmy supporting him? There are so many subplots it could fill a years worth of storylines for a Eastenders script writer, yet we are about to see it compressed into an 80 minute action movie!
I truely cannot call this fixture. If we were there filling the stadium it would mean so much. However Lee et al have the players playing with a smile on their faces, they are expressing themselves, playing heads up rugby and building a counter attacking, broken field game that the ABs themselves would be proud of, however importantly they are doing this whilst also building and improving on a solid set piece and defence which will be needed just as much to counter the fantastic threats Bristol have in their armoury. They need no motivation, putting on the black and gold will be enough. But playing for themselves, playing for each other and playing for us supporters who all wish we could be there for them should serve as the fuel to superpower them even more. So on semi final game day.........................

COME ON YOU WASPS!!!  ;D

Chris

Once a Wasp ALWAYS a Wasp!
« Last Edit: October 10, 2020, 07:26:10 AM by Wombles »

Belfast Wasp

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
Re: Morning all!
« Reply #1 on: October 10, 2020, 07:27:29 AM »
Feeling like a wee kid as I am so excited COYW  ;D

NellyWellyWaspy

• Getting older a couple of minutes every day
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 10, 2020, 07:40:10 AM »
A beautiful start to the day up here in South Warwickshire. It reminds me of one of those Saturday mornings as a teenager, where you woke up, got outside and thought, 'Yes, this is a good day to play rugby and win.' Everything in the air feels just right. Some blue sky, barely any wind, temperature just right, ground is damp but drying out, with no real (substantial) rain in the last few days.

Neils

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 10, 2020, 07:46:32 AM »
Morning one and all.

Lovely morning here - nice walking weather. Big big match for the boys - just hope they all turn up and perform to their best against a formidable team. Would be justice for Hughes to give us the winning penalty just on time but lets hope it doesn't come to that.
Let me tell you something cucumber

Rossm

• Hey, Slow Down.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 10, 2020, 07:53:52 AM »
Morning all from a lovely autumn morning in Hastings. Thanks for reminding me of the KO time - I had told the missus that it was 3.pm. Now that's 90 minutes less to wait😁. I reckon Exe will do Bath. But I really don't know about our game.  It will be close right up to the final whistle.
SLAVA UKRAINI!
HEROYAM SLAVA!

Heathen

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 10, 2020, 08:18:44 AM »
Morning all.

It's the most important game that the team will play since the final in 2017. They look ready for it and are are hungry enough. Game management will be crucial. I'm sure that Jacob and Jimmy will get it right. It's KO rugby now - 3-0 to Wasps will do!!

Weather could be a bit iffy around KO time as showers are forecast.

#COYW

Vespula Vulgaris

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 10, 2020, 08:30:41 AM »
Morning all!

Nails are already bitten down as far as they will go.

We should win this, but I genuinely can't call it.

#COYW
Please consider supporting the forum in 2022! Donate Here

WonkyWasp

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: October 10, 2020, 08:41:57 AM »
Good morning everyone - it's a bit breezy in S.  Herefordshire but will hopefully brightern up soon. Cloudy sky, and the old  mountain is  green on the lower half and deep red//brown on the top half. Sheep everywhere.  I'm hoping for the best today but I think it depends on many things  ....  which teams turn up, good luck, the ref (who is it?),  nerves ......  Please - no yellows, team and defo no reds,  but if Nathan can manage to do for Bristol what he did for us at HQ against Xeter TWICE  I  just hope the ref sees him.  A big score gap with us in front would be great but I think it'll be a very close run thing and probably decided in the last 3 minutes either way.  It would be great to win, but que sera sera  - we're still second!!! I just hope our boys enjoy playing and have a great and safe time.  I shall be back behind the settee,,  eyes wide shut and fingers in my ears.  Safe journeys wherever you may  be, esp to daughter and g/son who will be at the Ricoh for the match                          COME ON YOU WASPS!!! Allez Allez Allez .......     

Brandnewtorugby

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: October 10, 2020, 08:53:46 AM »
Morning all, best wishes to you and yours. Another great build up Wombles.

I am determined to enjoy the game today, as I hope the players will. It was interesting reading Thomas Young's comment that it is important not to go into their shell. I know it's knock out rugby, but cannot help think that going into their shell is the biggest risk, especially against a team that can score at will like Bristol.

Off for the obligatory dog walk and coffee, just with an extra spring in the step today!

Here's to a great game between two great teams, may the best team win. Come on You Wasps!

Take care,
Notso

Steve from Cov

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: October 10, 2020, 09:12:26 AM »
Morning all,
It’s pretty grey and miserable right now with a light wind.
The forecast is for light rain at 2.00pm.
If we play like we have done I think we might sneak it.
 I feel that Gaskell, Oghre and/ or Barbeary might do something special when they come on.
To be honest I won’t be upset if we lose. I think we have been outstanding recently.
COYW.

MarleyWasp

« Reply #10 on: October 10, 2020, 09:21:38 AM »
Morning all. Feeling a mix of nervousness and excitement this morning.

The squad have been heroic in how they've turned the season around from being a write off in January, to being genuine contenders, but now that we're in the playoffs, to get this far and not win the whole competition would feel like a wasted opportunity.

I have a feeling our match will be surprisingly one sided today; just not sure whether to us or Bristol. Have a sneaky feeling about Bath too.

coddy

• Wasps Rugby Supporter
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: October 10, 2020, 09:24:41 AM »
Morning all.

I'm currently sat at my desk at work waiting for someone to come in and buy some Plumbing and Heating materials and hoping 12pm comes round quickly so I can go home and get switched on for this afternoons activities.

Not going to call this one as the table doesn't lie so it should be a tight game between the 2nd and 3rd best teams in the league this season.

Just hope the players do themselves proud and the best team on the day wins without any undue influence from the officials.

COYW

RogerE

• Old Wasps Player (Not saying which team and when!)
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: October 10, 2020, 09:30:35 AM »
Morning all,
 I feel that Gaskell, Oghre and/ or Barbeary might do something special when they come on.
To be honest I won’t be upset if we lose. I think we have been outstanding recently.
COYW.

+1

mike909

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: October 10, 2020, 09:37:09 AM »
Morning all,
COYW.

+1

+2

Good morning from South Glos - overcast and cold....

Whilst winning is important - we've done so well to turn around our season that we're already at the top end of hope let alone expectations - so the season is already a success - regardless - though living not far from Bristol and Bath - I'd prefer the bragging rights of making the final!

Going to spend the morning the in kitchen making my father-in-law's lunch for tomorrow's visit...so I won't have to think about the game until near kick off

I think we can win - but it's 50/50 - we know vs Briz there will be space and holes because - like us - they go for it for 80 mins....if some of the more outlandish passes stick - we'll have every chance. It's sad for Briz that the senior Piutau is missing - player of the season for many and a terrific 15. But Malins worries me.....way too much talent!

COYW

westwaleswasp

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: October 10, 2020, 10:36:01 AM »
Nice day here.
October semi, who would have thought that last year, in more ways than one?

This comes at the end of a tough week for me. My employer admitted to me this week that I have had a de facto pay cut because I am part time,  he does not like part timers because they won't offer extras (despite acknowledging that I offer many) and that they would reverse  the pay cut if I did more hours. As you can imagine I am not best pleased, so a chance to watch us in the semi is a welcome distraction from such ridiculous out of date  (and possibly illegal) attitudes.

I really look forward to the day when we can do morning alls with travel info as the Wasps diaspora make their way to the games. Always great to stop off on the motorways or train swaps and spot various shirts in the stations, for me it is that unique weekend feel. As someone who has only ever had the old half STs, I am well used to following some matches from afar, I can't imagine how the people who make every game must be feeling today.

Not going to make any predictions, just hope we turn up and 'fire some shots' as Dai used to say.