Always a Wasp

Author Topic: The big reason why Jack Willis deserves Premiership player-of-the-year prize.  (Read 1018 times)

Rossm

• Hey, Slow Down.
    • View Profile
James Haskell and Andy Goode lavished the Wasps flanker with praise following the semi-final victory over Bristol Bears

Opinion piece by Bobby Bridge.

https://www.coventrytelegraph.net/sport/rugby/jack-willis-wasps-england-rugby-19086165
SLAVA UKRAINI!
HEROYAM SLAVA!

Beasties

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
Big things in big games. Amen to that.

I sat up and took notice of Jack the very first time he got on the pitch for Wasps. The commentators kept banging on about his brother being higher rated, it got a bit boring tbh during the match. I merely mervelled how a young lad looked utterly at home in a top level match, not remotely struggling with the physicality. What a player. I said later in that season on another forum that he was an amazing talent and hoped he would keep developing into something quite special. Wasp fans everywhere have been excited by him, it took others a while longer. It seems everyone is on board now.

It's staggering to see how he's returned from serious injury, most people are never quite the same after proper injury. He is performing at a level that is insane, his stats say it all. He has been pulling Wasps' @rse out of the fire all season, almost singlehandedly at times, and for that he's easily my player of the season.

Shugs

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
Huge skill set and talent. But what stands out for me is the mindset. He just does everything 100%.