Always a Wasp

Author Topic: 7 Positive COVID tests  (Read 16417 times)

Bloke in North Dorset

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
Re: 7 Positive COVID tests
« Reply #15 on: October 14, 2020, 10:16:10 PM »
I don't imagine we would concede until after Exeter has had its own last batch of tests, in case both clubs similarly afflicted.

I wonder if there is even a mechanism for a scenario where neither finalist can field a team!?

Would seem (somewhat) unfair just to annoint Chiefs when our recent form has been stronger, but they are top of the table.

Exe fans seem stoic, even favouring a match so that no-one can denigrate the winner's right. Again, to be fair, they recognise not in the bag...

If we have to concede, of all teams I wouldn’t begrudge Chiefs being the beneficiary given what happened with Sarries. I’m sure they would prefer to win it fair and square, as would we if the situation was reversed, but in this crazy season we just have to take it as it comes. 

Rossm

• Hey, Slow Down.
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: October 14, 2020, 11:02:54 PM »
I don't imagine we would concede until after Exeter has had its own last batch of tests, in case both clubs similarly afflicted.

I wonder if there is even a mechanism for a scenario where neither finalist can field a team!?

Would seem (somewhat) unfair just to annoint Chiefs when our recent form has been stronger, but they are top of the table.

Exe fans seem stoic, even favouring a match so that no-one can denigrate the winner's right. Again, to be fair, they recognise not in the bag...

Last man standing?

If we have to concede, of all teams I wouldn’t begrudge Chiefs being the beneficiary given what happened with Sarries. I’m sure they would prefer to win it fair and square, as would we if the situation was reversed, but in this crazy season we just have to take it as it comes.
SLAVA UKRAINI!
HEROYAM SLAVA!

DGP Wasp

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: October 15, 2020, 09:02:39 AM »

If the boot was on the other foot I would definitely want the final to be played come what may.  Simply being handed the trophy by default would feel very hollow indeed, regardless of who finished where in the league.

JonnyD

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: October 15, 2020, 10:22:15 AM »
Big Jeff was out and about yesterday on Instagram so probably safe to say the rest of the front rowers are not involved - unless he hasn’t taken part in training still from before Bristol because of his head knock

WonkyWasp

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: October 15, 2020, 10:46:01 AM »
I thought Jeff had Covid earlier on this year?

wycombewasp

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: October 15, 2020, 12:25:11 PM »
according to my paper its 4 academy players who share a house. All first team players tested ok.

hookender

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: October 15, 2020, 01:30:06 PM »
Wonder what roles the back room staff have? That could be the only problem if they have met other non playing staff  who have met a coach or medical staff.

MarleyWasp

« Reply #22 on: October 15, 2020, 01:57:32 PM »
Academy coaches/physics?

Neils

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: October 15, 2020, 02:40:20 PM »
Academy coaches/physics?

Wonder if one is Masi - if so those at the Ricoh last Saturday might be at risk!
Let me tell you something cucumber

13thWarrior

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: October 15, 2020, 07:11:37 PM »
according to my paper its 4 academy players who share a house. All first team players tested ok.
only place I've read this, source?

Can we read anything into the fact that Bristol haven't announced the need to isolate any players i.e. none of those that played that game have tested positive?

wasps

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: October 15, 2020, 10:08:06 PM »
only place I've read this, source?

Can we read anything into the fact that Bristol haven't announced the need to isolate any players i.e. none of those that played that game have tested positive?

I saw it on a site earlier too.
I'll try to dig it out

Edit:
Here's an article from the mirror confirming it

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.mirror.co.uk/sport/rugby-union/covid-threat-premiership-rugby-final-22848976.amp
« Last Edit: October 15, 2020, 10:13:32 PM by wasps »

Rossm

• Hey, Slow Down.
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: October 16, 2020, 12:44:58 PM »
Wasps secure extra round of Covid-19 testing

Bobby Bridge reports:

https://www.coventrytelegraph.net/sport/rugby/wasps-covid-19-rugby-exeter-19114812
SLAVA UKRAINI!
HEROYAM SLAVA!

baldpaul101

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: October 16, 2020, 01:09:15 PM »
there's a line in that if Wasps had to forfeit  "Exeter Chiefs would be awarded the trophy, of, a losing semi-finalist could be promoted to the final." (not my spelling mistake)

How would that work? Surely Baths players will be in the off season, may be on holiday etc. I assume only Bristol would be able to field a side? Would be interested to know where that came form...

RogerE

• Old Wasps Player (Not saying which team and when!)
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: October 16, 2020, 06:06:38 PM »
BBC saying Bristol would take our place if we have to withdraw

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/rugby-union/54574710

Chunky24

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: October 19, 2020, 06:59:30 AM »
Fingers crossed for results later, but not a good sign that this weekend one of the main Leamington (where many players live) secondary schools has told all students to stay at home and self isolate for 2 weeks.