Always a Wasp

Author Topic: 7 Positive COVID tests  (Read 17668 times)

jamestaylor002

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
Re: 7 Positive COVID tests
« Reply #90 on: October 21, 2020, 09:07:47 AM »
Fantastic news!!

EDIT: Thought I'd add it to this rather than create a new comment. I think what this shows it that the processes Wasps have are fantastic and will surely have been a huge part in allowing us to play the final.
« Last Edit: October 21, 2020, 09:09:55 AM by jamestaylor002 »

MarleyWasp

« Reply #91 on: October 21, 2020, 09:11:14 AM »
I don't know about anyone else, but I feel like I've aged 572 years with stress in the past 48 hours...

Can't wait for Saturday. It would be so typical of Wasps to win it now!

WonkyWasp

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #92 on: October 21, 2020, 09:12:11 AM »
   Wot Neils said !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!   FAB - u - LUS!

NellyWellyWaspy

• Getting older a couple of minutes every day
    • View Profile
« Reply #93 on: October 21, 2020, 09:12:40 AM »
Can I stop looking for my boots?

RogerE

• Old Wasps Player (Not saying which team and when!)
    • View Profile
« Reply #94 on: October 21, 2020, 09:13:11 AM »
From the Cov Tel article

However, CoventryLive understands that despite the latest round of negative results, the knock-on effect of previous positive cases within the group will have a big impact on the squad head coach Lee Blackett will be able to select.

This is due to players who have directly tested positive for coronavirus and having to self isolate and also players who have been in close proximity to team-mates and coaches who have tested positive.

Not sure what this actually means

Neils

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #95 on: October 21, 2020, 09:13:44 AM »
Can I stop looking for my boots?

This time - YES (but keep them polished!)
Let me tell you something cucumber

jamestaylor002

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #96 on: October 21, 2020, 09:14:59 AM »
From the Cov Tel article

However, CoventryLive understands that despite the latest round of negative results, the knock-on effect of previous positive cases within the group will have a big impact on the squad head coach Lee Blackett will be able to select.

This is due to players who have directly tested positive for coronavirus and having to self isolate and also players who have been in close proximity to team-mates and coaches who have tested positive.

No or me. Surely if players have consistently tested negative, and the ones who tested positive self-isolated almost immediately, then surely the rest of the squad is technically available for selection?

ardenwasp

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #97 on: October 21, 2020, 09:15:55 AM »
Game on!!!!!!!!!! So excited. Lets hope we can put up a proper team and fight (I know we will)
« Last Edit: October 21, 2020, 09:17:33 AM by ardenwasp »

Neils

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #98 on: October 21, 2020, 09:17:02 AM »
From the Cov Tel article

No or me. Surely if players have consistently tested negative, and the ones who tested positive self-isolated almost immediately, then surely the rest of the squad is technically available for selection?

I thought the previous release said that it only impacted one expected 23 player.
Let me tell you something cucumber

RogerE

• Old Wasps Player (Not saying which team and when!)
    • View Profile
« Reply #99 on: October 21, 2020, 09:18:47 AM »
From the Cov Tel article

That's what I was thinking.

Also of note in the CovTel article was that the sameple of one of the coaches was damaged in transit, so will have to "social distance" until re-test result known.

DGP Wasp

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #100 on: October 21, 2020, 09:21:22 AM »
From the Cov Tel article

We'll find out at about midday on Friday.  Our whole squad have played their part in getting us to this point, so whoever is selected will deserve their place on merit.  As long as Jack's clear! :)  And Joe.  And Jimmy..... (etc.....)

Shugs

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #101 on: October 21, 2020, 09:24:00 AM »
Great news. I think we'll be pretty much full strength. And we'll rested!

FishingWasp

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #102 on: October 21, 2020, 09:24:33 AM »
YESSSS  :) :) :) :)

DGP Wasp

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #103 on: October 21, 2020, 09:24:43 AM »
Still not seen the official club statement as the offy seems to have gone down amid all the excitement.

will311293

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #104 on: October 21, 2020, 09:26:13 AM »
Would we assume that would be Barbeary? Living in a house with some of the academy lads and therefore could be the reasoning.. Cardall would also be in this group too