Always a Wasp

Author Topic: Malakai Ruled Out  (Read 1711 times)

Neils

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
Malakai Ruled Out
« on: October 22, 2020, 11:47:03 AM »
According to BB - for the rest of 2020.
« Last Edit: October 22, 2020, 11:56:47 AM by Neils »
Let me tell you something cucumber

Horusthewasp

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
Re: Malakai Ruled Out
« Reply #1 on: October 22, 2020, 11:57:59 AM »
Not great but not unexpected. My key concerns are Shields and Brookes - the only two who IMO would feature in the final staring XV but not visible in yesterday’s training video.

backdoc

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 22, 2020, 12:29:43 PM »
Not great but not unexpected. My key concerns are Shields and Brookes - the only two who IMO would feature in the final staring XV but not visible in yesterday’s training video.

Both essential for dealing with Exeter's power.

will311293

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 22, 2020, 01:17:11 PM »
Juan De Jongh to score double and keep Slade in his pocket... :)

Covkid48

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 23, 2020, 10:41:42 AM »
JDJ can do a job on Slade. I would be more worried if they had a center like Semi at Bristol as then I think we would miss Malakai's power. While Shields is a miss Tom will do a job the biggest concern for me is Brookes. I said for the semi if we can get at least parity in the forwards we would win and i think the same applies for tomorrow.

Heathen

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 23, 2020, 10:53:21 AM »
The five who will not feature are Alfie, Big Mac, Brad, Kieran, plus Malakai.

That is some serious beef missing.

Stang

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 23, 2020, 11:24:15 AM »
That is some serious fire power and experience out. No doubt we will be a weaker team.

Shame we can’t go “full noise” into HQ, but we are still there. Will help the lads get fired up to know we have squad members down who are relying on them. Adversity is always good. Even if it rolls into motivation through next season.

Tom Willis, Booj, Ben Harris, Biyi, maybe Ben Morris or Cardall. All likely to get some experience during the top domestic game now which is good news. And all have stepped up already this season with big performances.

Still happy for the boys that we’ve made it this far and we always have a shot! #COYW!

Dgwasp

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: October 23, 2020, 11:37:47 AM »
Malakai being out gives me an awful sense of deja vu reminding me of Beale being unfortunate last time we went to HQ.

Shame for Alfie as the experience would have been great for his development, that said, he will have plenty of opportunities.

The others will be missed but the whole squad have got us to the final and it fits that it continues to be a squad effort. 

Even with full firepower Exeter are a machine and so hard to overcome.  The young squad that we have need to see this as a step in their development and go into this with the squad spirit that has been created.  Hopefully the experienced heads in Joe, Jimmy and Dan can help absorb some of the pressure.