Always a Wasp

Author Topic: Deflated  (Read 2626 times)

Raggs

• Global Moderator
  • Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
Re: Deflated
« Reply #15 on: October 26, 2020, 05:10:21 PM »
Deflated yes, disappointed no. I was expecting us to lose. Was amazed with how well we did considering the weather, the lack of practice and the squad disruption. And am now very excited for next season.

We had chiefs, masters of scoring in the 22, opting for kicks, and preventing them from scoring once they entered our 22. I actually felt that overall the reffing was OK, far better than I was expecting. Of course I was sad when we lost it, but I didn't go to bed miserable. We fought exceptionally well, damn near won it, and considering where we came from, were amazing.

Can't wait for the next season.

backdoc

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: October 26, 2020, 06:08:40 PM »
I agree, Raggs. I was staggered by the performance, in terms of effort and skill, and by how well we dealt with them tactically.

The try by Jacob and the catch, kick and tackle by Lima were my moments of the season.

Shugs

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: October 26, 2020, 06:57:06 PM »
It's a mix of emotions for me. I agree we should never go into a final grateful just to be there and to be fair i don't think that's where any of the team were. I keep re-visiting key moments - what if this, what if that. As far as the line out it was the right call for me to go for it but obviously not to go long. But my overriding realisation is that we've very recently beaten Bath and Saracens away, demolished Bristol and basically matched Exeter. If we were ever really away we're now back.

Heathen

• View Profile
« Reply #18 on: October 26, 2020, 07:15:59 PM »
I agree, Raggs. I was staggered by the performance, in terms of effort and skill, and by how well we dealt with them tactically.

The try by Jacob and the catch, kick and tackle by Lima were my moments of the season.

+1.