Always a Wasp

Author Topic: England  (Read 9979 times)

hopwood

England
« on: October 29, 2020, 11:08:08 AM »
England Team:

Furbank; Watson, Joseph, Slade, May; Farrell, Youngs; M Vunipola, George, Sinckler, Itoje, Hill, Curry, Underhill, B Vunipola.

Replacements: Dunn, Genge, Stuart, Ewels, Earl, Robson, Lawrence, Thorley.

No Joe, no Jack, no Jacob.

And I think I've just seen that JJ Williams has just passed away. Very sad news.

hopwood

Re: England
« Reply #1 on: October 29, 2020, 11:12:48 AM »
Ben Youngs wins his 100th cap.
 ::)

Eddie:
“We’ve trained with good intensity this week and the squad are excited by the challenge of performing at our best against Italy.“The team have prepared well and are looking forward to putting on an England shirt and showing what they can do.“We will also celebrate two major achievements in Ben Youngs and Jamie George’s cap milestones.  It’s testimony to their skill, hard work and love of playing for England, and there is more to come from both of them.”

Neils

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 29, 2020, 11:14:55 AM »
England Team:

Furbank; Watson, Joseph, Slade, May; Farrell, Youngs; M Vunipola, George, Sinckler, Itoje, Hill, Curry, Underhill, B Vunipola.

Replacements: Dunn, Genge, Stuart, Ewels, Earl, Robson, Lawrence, Thorley.

No Joe, no Jack, no Jacob.

And I think I've just seen that JJ Williams has just passed away. Very sad news.

Eddie's go to team apart from Furbank. Meh!
Let me tell you something cucumber

hopwood

« Reply #3 on: October 29, 2020, 11:24:20 AM »
Out of all the back 3 combinations....I just can't quite comprehend the one where Furbank is full back.

Anyway...because of Shaun's links with France I backed France at the start of the Six Nations before they beat England.
So I've got two potential ways of being happy on Saturday night.
I just really hope England are evolving their style of play.

RBB

• It’s like trying to tackle a snooker table!
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 29, 2020, 11:25:27 AM »
Youngs shouldn't be anywhere near the first 15, sentimental pick - nonsense. Furbank is not an international 15 and had no consistency or form to back up selection. The rest is 'same old, same old', why can't EJ pick the players that are best in their positions, I find it baffling. The fact that Willis hasn't even made the bench is bewildering IMO.

Good to see so many players from The Championship included...  ;)
It was fine when I left it.....

Steve from Cov

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 29, 2020, 11:31:25 AM »
I think the Wasps players needed a rest.

andermt

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 29, 2020, 11:35:58 AM »
They were always going to keep going with Youngs until he hit his 100, you would hope that the go to 9s going forward based on form would be Robson & Spencer, but then Spencer never even made the training squad.

Not having Jack or Joe at least on the bench is strange, as Joe was probably the real MoM at the final

hopwood

« Reply #7 on: October 29, 2020, 11:37:46 AM »
I think the Wasps players needed a rest.

That's a distinct possibility. And with Heinz getting injured, Robson had to step in.
But Exeter players (after 2 back-to-back finals) are still playing.

WaspsUpNorth

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: October 29, 2020, 12:16:50 PM »
Wasps are the second best club team in England according to the final league table and the result of the Premiership Final (despite us all knowing that we are clearly streets ahead of anyone) yet we have only one representative in the 23 and that due to a soon-to-be 34 year old Kiwi being injured!  Hope Dan gets the opportunity to nail down his rightful position and Matteo plays well.  Other than that, let's hope the 6N results take us one step closer to having a new England head coach (would be happy with either of the two potential candidates on the touchline last week at Twickers).  No 10 on the bench, unbelievable.   

WonkyWasp

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: October 29, 2020, 12:17:47 PM »
My thoughts regaqrding EJ are unprintable.

bournender2

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: October 29, 2020, 12:27:32 PM »
No 10 on the bench, unbelievable.

Suppose Slade is back up to Farrell then?

Trevs Big Tackle

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: October 29, 2020, 12:32:25 PM »
Wasps players had to skip training for most of the two weeks before the final. Maybe that factored in but god only knows.

petros

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: October 29, 2020, 12:34:52 PM »
eddie has suggested Furbank was the back up 10! But on recent form Furbank should be nowhere near the squad. Watson has been playing well at FB so we'll play him on the wing.

Nigel Med

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: October 29, 2020, 12:35:26 PM »
It is now becoming an absolute certainty that if pundits and journalists start saying this or that player HAS to play for England they have as much chance of Jones picking them as finding rocking horse poo on the moon. Really feel for Jack in particular, you've only got to look at his stats, his ability is unbelievable.

To win the championship we have to not only beat Italy but score 4 tries and get our points difference as high as possible. So he picks Youngs at 9??? Seriously? Must be because he likes combinations and Youngs plays well with George Ford- who of course isn't playing... Obviously wouldn't play Dan and Jacob together, just no understanding between them...Farrell isn't even the best 10 at Saracens never mind England, he's a very good 12 but lets play Slade there who is a natural 13. Thankfully we'll see some superb Full Back play. From Italy if they pick Matteo... Furbank? What? WHAT? How on earth can be leave Malins out? He is head and shoulders above any other English Fullback and is on excellent form, Furbank has been dreadful for Saints recently. Heaven help us if Farrell gets injured (or more likely red carded) and Furbank goes to Fly Half, train wreck.   

Does Eddie do this just to wind everyone up?

If so it works....

Raggs

• Global Moderator
  • Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: October 29, 2020, 12:43:29 PM »
They've only been in camp for a few days. I'm not at all surprised that most the Wasps boys aren't involved.