Always a Wasp

Author Topic: PRL Childs on Sticky Wicket?  (Read 815 times)

Neils

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
PRL Childs on Sticky Wicket?
« on: November 05, 2020, 07:38:45 AM »
https://mol.im/a/8914801

Never seems to be seen!
Let me tell you something cucumber

MarleyWasp

Re: PRL Childs on Sticky Wicket?
« Reply #1 on: November 05, 2020, 08:28:15 AM »
I'm surprised it's taken this long.

His appointment was with a view to maintaining/increasing TV revenue and he's achieved the opposite by rejecting an offer from BT on par with the current deal in the belief that Sky would pay silly money. Since their takeover by Comcast, Sky have reduced their sporting budget significantly, hence their loss of Spanish Football and the Top14. Premiership viewing figures were not high enough to persuade Sky to dig deep and the new BT Sport deal won't bring in the same amount.

His handling of Covid has been hit and miss. Getting all but two of the remaining games on was a tremendous effort, but the circumstances in which those two didn't go ahead was farcical, as was the idea of Bristol replacing us in the final. A lot of these issues could have been resolved by proper contingency planning and publishing the regulations, and not letting one of his underlings go on TV to justify why Sale hadn't immediately been forced to forefit a game with a picture of him in the same Sale squad as the Sale Director of Rugby...

In fairness, the way he ensured Saracens were punished for the salary cap breaches was impressive at first, but we all need to admit their relegation and the constant changing of the regs to justify it was another farce. Had Saracens not agreed to it, I think they'd have been successful in any legal challenge.