Always a Wasp

Author Topic: BaaBaa’s game off?  (Read 9178 times)

BG

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
Re: BaaBaa’s game off?
« Reply #60 on: October 30, 2020, 02:51:37 PM »
4 guilty, 9 clearly innocent

What's the betting that the 4 guilty have no relevant rugby involvement in the near future. Robshaw is off to San Diego... Wigglesworth has retired.. Maitland has no prospect of representing Scotland.. so himself and the other Sarries players probably thought.. with no propsect of being involved in a competitive game anytime soon.. what's the worse that could happen.

I would like to believe the players involved aren't that stupid, but that they knew (or the snr players did) they were taking a gambled risk but didn't fully appreciate the possible consequences

Neils

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: October 31, 2020, 09:36:41 AM »
And this from an EA player -

"Eddie made it very aware to us that everyone is having a pretty horrific time at the minute," George added.

"People are losing their jobs, people are losing their lives, and we have an opportunity to represent the country and try and put smiles back on people's faces.

"As soon as he said that it really struck a chord with me."

Let me tell you something cucumber

BG

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: November 11, 2020, 09:41:00 AM »
https://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/rugbyunion/article-8935359/Barbarians-point-finger-RFU-Covid-breach-led-cancellation-England-fixture.html

Ooh blimey. This makes slightly more sense. An RFU official was assigned to oversee the application of Covid rules who might have given the green light for some ""non-rugby" activities.

DGP Wasp

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #63 on: November 11, 2020, 09:52:09 AM »
It still ended up with 13 of them in a pub together at a time when the law as applied to every one of us restricted numbers to 6, so it's not much of a defence.  Even if the RFU rules appeared to have been relaxed a little, the law of the land still applied to them just as it did to the rest of us.

Trevs Big Tackle

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #64 on: November 11, 2020, 12:12:02 PM »
Adds a bit of complication to various demands for compensation though.

hookender

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #65 on: November 11, 2020, 01:30:31 PM »
I guess it’s going to be case of Chinese whispers and people only hearing the bits they want to hear.

The article mentions that England players were also allowed to return home to see wives & kids. I wonder if any ‘misinterpreted’ this and met with others.

Vespula Vulgaris

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #66 on: November 11, 2020, 01:56:31 PM »
So they were given permission to go for a walk, or to a cafe, and they took this to mean they could go out en masse on the piss, have a meal, and then lie about it?
Please consider supporting the forum in 2022! Donate Here

13thWarrior

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #68 on: November 12, 2020, 09:46:15 AM »
So they were given permission to go for a walk, or to a cafe, and they took this to mean they could go out en masse on the piss, have a meal, and then lie about it?
Indeed, hardly see how this helps their defence.

RogerE

• Old Wasps Player (Not saying which team and when!)
    • View Profile
« Reply #69 on: November 12, 2020, 10:23:02 AM »
They'll use it in the same way that those idiots who flouted the COVID rules elsewhere did: "not clear as what I could and couldn't do"

Rossm

• Hey, Slow Down.
    • View Profile
« Reply #70 on: November 12, 2020, 11:37:53 AM »
They'll use it in the same way that those idiots who flouted the COVID rules elsewhere did: "not clear as what I could and couldn't do"

Just two words - Dominic and Cummings.
SLAVA UKRAINI!
HEROYAM SLAVA!

Neils

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #71 on: November 12, 2020, 12:18:45 PM »

Just two words - Dominic and Cummings.
And half the Bl##dy population
Let me tell you something cucumber