Always a Wasp

Author Topic: Govt support  (Read 1664 times)

Heathen

• View Profile
Govt support
« on: November 19, 2020, 01:08:55 PM »
Announced today that Premiership will get £59 million, subject to approval by independent panel and Sport England.

hookender

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
Re: Govt support
« Reply #1 on: November 19, 2020, 01:40:55 PM »
Do the uk teams in the pro14 get anything I wonder. Or will assistance to them come from respective unions as centrally funded. Could cause problem with Ulster .

Shugs

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 19, 2020, 04:45:42 PM »
Tots up to about £4.5m per club. Will certainly help but it does mention it is in the form of a loan so maybe it's not a freebie.

hookender

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 19, 2020, 04:52:20 PM »
Tots up to about £4.5m per club. Will certainly help but it does mention it is in the form of a loan so maybe it's not a freebie.
Maybe just as well a loan.

If it was a grant CVC might have taken 27%

hookender

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 20, 2020, 02:47:54 PM »
Just realised this might mean talk of Saracens coming back straightaway is put to bed.

Something to thank Boris for

Hope it’s clubs in this season’s premiership and not shareholders
« Last Edit: November 20, 2020, 02:58:19 PM by hookender »

Rifleman Harris

• Wasps Rugby Fan and MND Runner
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 20, 2020, 03:12:45 PM »
I suspect it is shareholders as I heard on the BBC this morning, them referring to the 13 Premiership Clubs, then clarifying that as the 12 current clubs plus Saracens who were demoted for a year.

hookender

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: November 20, 2020, 04:43:37 PM »
I suspect it is shareholders as I heard on the BBC this morning, them referring to the 13 Premiership Clubs, then clarifying that as the 12 current clubs plus Saracens who were demoted for a year.
Bugger

DGP Wasp

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: November 20, 2020, 08:46:40 PM »

They were not demoted "for a year". They were relegated and have to play their way out of that league just like everyone else. Given the relative strength of their squad in the Championship it is overwhelmingly likely that they will do just that, but they do not have the God given right.

Rifleman Harris

• Wasps Rugby Fan and MND Runner
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: November 20, 2020, 08:52:17 PM »

They were not demoted "for a year". They were relegated and have to play their way out of that league just like everyone else. Given the relative strength of their squad in the Championship it is overwhelmingly likely that they will do just that, but they do not have the God given right.
Absolutely. That's what I thought when I heard it.

Neils

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: November 20, 2020, 11:08:56 PM »
Nice to see Cov City FC complaining about the Gov money. Not a surprise SISU see an avenue for free funding. If it was a loan they would find a way of sueing the Gov for years to keep the money!  :)
Let me tell you something cucumber