Always a Wasp

Author Topic: Falcons put premiership on notice  (Read 2035 times)

Hymenoptera

• Trevor Leotas Twin
    • View Profile
Falcons put premiership on notice
« on: November 21, 2020, 02:23:47 PM »
Thrilled for them, Tigers must be crapping it.

Horusthewasp

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
Re: Falcons put premiership on notice
« Reply #1 on: November 21, 2020, 02:29:00 PM »

Very impressive and well deserved. For a team that hasn’t played a professional game in 8 months and out of the Prem for even longer, that was quite a statement.

If they keep that up, quite a few teams will be in trouble this season when it comes to the relegation battle.

wycombewasp

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 21, 2020, 02:33:38 PM »
good game for neutral, how did cokasigna ( sorry about spelling ) ever get near the England team, no pace and predictable                       
o yeh E J
« Last Edit: November 22, 2020, 09:55:03 AM by wycombewasp »

Hymenoptera

• Trevor Leotas Twin
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 21, 2020, 02:54:20 PM »
good game for neutral, how did cokasigna ( sorry about spelling ) ever get near the England team, no pace and predictable                       
o yeh E D
Good question...he offered nothing

Shugs

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 21, 2020, 03:52:00 PM »
Or Gloucester are!

mike909

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 21, 2020, 07:25:32 PM »
o yeh E D

He seemed to get on the pitch to walk in tries for England after the work had been done - eg vs Australia? I think Mr Wade would have loved to run at him.....

HDAWG

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: November 21, 2020, 07:28:56 PM »
o yeh E D

He seemed to get on the pitch to walk in tries for England after the work had been done - eg vs Australia? I think Mr Wade would have loved to run at him.....

Come on now, he didn't just walk tries in. He's powerful and fast but lacks defence, and while I don't think he's been as good as say Jonny May, I still think he's good and dangerous.

MarleyWasp

« Reply #7 on: November 21, 2020, 08:33:16 PM »
Last time Newcastle beat Bath at the Rec in the opening weekend of the season they went on to win the Premiership

Horusthewasp

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: November 21, 2020, 11:02:35 PM »
Last time Newcastle beat Bath at the Rec in the opening weekend of the season they went on to win the Premiership

And Quins were the team they beat away during the last game of that season. The Stoop just so happens to be their last (regular) fixture this season too....

Hymenoptera

• Trevor Leotas Twin
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: November 21, 2020, 11:18:34 PM »
o yeh E D

Come on now, he didn't just walk tries in. He's powerful and fast but lacks defence, and while I don't think he's been as good as say Jonny May, I still think he's good and dangerous.
Whilst that might be true, judged on todays performance only, he was one of the worst players on the pitch. Been out for so long, not sure he was ready for a start.
Thoroughly enjoyed the Irish / Worc game, Low score but good skill and endeavor. If they play like that all season it will be a tight league.
First weekend judgements, Glaws look in for a long season, Simmo back to his molasses ruck speed didnt help a faltering backline. Hope for some of the same next week.