Always a Wasp

Author Topic: 4000 fans allowed  (Read 3711 times)

Heathen

• View Profile
Re: 4000 fans allowed
« Reply #15 on: November 24, 2020, 01:46:17 PM »
Precisely David. We are 51, just across the county line into Berkshire, there are wards that are 478!

Covkid40

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: November 24, 2020, 04:32:27 PM »
At best Coventry will be tier 2 so its almost certainly going to be 2000 capacity. Regardless of how they distribute the tickets it's looking like most people will get to watch every other match. all this is based on 4000-5000 season ticket holders, not everyone will renew or be able to go.

Heathen

• View Profile
« Reply #17 on: November 24, 2020, 05:15:35 PM »
As yet, nobody has a 20/21 ST. When is our next home match?

Neils

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: November 24, 2020, 05:19:44 PM »
As yet, nobody has a 20/21 ST. When is our next home match?

5th v Newcastle
Let me tell you something cucumber

hookender

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: November 24, 2020, 07:07:20 PM »
May not even open anyway.

In mail :

Twickenham are awaiting to which tier Richmond ends up in.likely to be tier 2= 2000  which means cost of opening up for the autumn nations cup may not be viable.

It is understood that Exeter could not justify costs for opening up for 2000 ,would need 4000 to avoid match day loss.

Whether wasps would open  for say one match to see how it goes...

NellyWellyWaspy

• Getting older a couple of minutes every day
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: November 25, 2020, 10:53:02 AM »
It can't be viable for even 4,000, especially if you have to spread them out and thus have loads of stewards, cleaning, etc.

Stang

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: November 25, 2020, 09:46:06 PM »
So really it’s best to avoid opening for 4000 and we can all carry on watching on by sport.

It’s not the same and I do miss it, there is nothing like a live game, but if it hinders us financially, potentially puts people at risk travelling across the UK and means fewer people can watch as it’s not broadcast.... then it’s hard to support.

hookender

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: November 25, 2020, 10:15:56 PM »
Thinking about the last two games of last season,wasps did the dinner thing ,which they must have have  made or at least not lost money on to put on a second time. If they can do more of that plus ticket it makes it more viable  for the club . Prawn sandwich anyone?

NellyWellyWaspy

• Getting older a couple of minutes every day
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: November 26, 2020, 07:01:39 AM »
According to BBC News this morning, the tiers will be announced soon, and the whole country will be in at least tier 2. So, in South Warwickshire, I am in one of the districts that is lower than all of Coventry, and most districts around here are much the same. If we will be in Tier 2, then Coventry must be heading for Tier 3. In fact, I suspect all 12 grounds will find themselves in the same.

So, announce that professional sport is opening up, makes a good soundbite. Then make it impossible in practice.

Marlow Nick

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: November 26, 2020, 09:35:52 AM »
Still seems strange to me that the rules appear to allow 1000 people inside a cramped theatre but only 2000/4000 within an outdoor arena.

ardenwasp

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: November 26, 2020, 11:27:33 AM »
Confirmed, Ricoh/Coventry in Tier 3 for now. Not a surprise, I’m a local doc looking after COVID inpatients in Birmingham and we are very definitely full!

Nigel Med

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: November 26, 2020, 11:32:16 AM »
I assume the issues are whether you can safely get people in and out of a large venue and still observe social distancing.

I'm also curious to know whether the food and drink concessions will be available, that's where a sizeable chunk of match day income is made but obviously crowded bars are a non starter- pubs (when not in lockdown) have to operate table service, that's not going to be practical at most rugby grounds.

Does anyone know if the stewarding rules have been revised over the years? I remember back when we played at Loftus Road we had to pay for the stewards and the numbers present were dependent on stadium capacity regardless of the actual numbers present. I can see a sort of logic, you might only get regular attendance of 4,000 but if you're in an 18,000 capacity venue for safety reasons you have to allow for worst-case of an unexpected walk-up that fills the stadium. You would hope that common sense would prevail if numbers were limited for Covid reasons but there's not been a great deal of common sense with how the Pandemic has been managed in some quarters. What would be the break-even number for the Ricoh? If Chief's can't make 2,000 viable you would imagine that the figure would be far higher for a stadium the size of the Ricoh.