Always a Wasp

Author Topic: BBs Player Ratings  (Read 1853 times)

Neils

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
BBs Player Ratings
« on: November 28, 2020, 06:44:06 PM »
Let me tell you something cucumber

HDAWG

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
Re: BBs Player Ratings
« Reply #1 on: November 28, 2020, 06:48:15 PM »
Maybe it's just me, but I think Bobby is being a little bit too positive here, but maybe I'm being harsh. A few 6's where I'd give 4/5.

Shugs

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 28, 2020, 06:52:50 PM »
About right if a little optimistic. I didn't think Jimmy had that good a game. Barbeary was great carrying but we missed Shields.

Horusthewasp

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 28, 2020, 08:04:15 PM »
Maybe it's just me, but I think Bobby is being a little bit too positive here, but maybe I'm being harsh. A few 6's where I'd give 4/5.

Agree, there are far too many 6s when you consider what happened on the pitch today and look that final scoreline (more so if you exclude the last couple of minutes of the game).

Heathen

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 28, 2020, 08:07:06 PM »

Agree, there are far too many 6s when you consider what happened on the pitch today and look that final scoreline (more so if you exclude the last couple of minutes of the game).

+1

backdoc

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 28, 2020, 09:17:53 PM »
As an offensive weapon, Odogwu looks underused. He is also a very effective tackler.

Rossm

• Hey, Slow Down.
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: November 28, 2020, 09:45:13 PM »
As an offensive weapon, Odogwu looks underused. He is also a very effective tackler.

Agree 100%. I would like him get a start next weekend.
SLAVA UKRAINI!
HEROYAM SLAVA!

hookender

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: November 29, 2020, 12:49:05 PM »
The rugby paper gave similar ratings

westwaleswasp

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: November 29, 2020, 01:30:14 PM »
I think we really play better with Jimmy 12, and I want to see him there at the next opportunity.
I thought that, from the starters, the back row did well, the set piece was ok. The main issue, for me, aside from the ref's bafflingly one sided interpretation and Gaskell hate, was the backs looked like they had just met- very disjointed. Then with the game gone we suddenly looked sharp, as often happens.
I agree that the brace of tries at the end should earn a starting spot for Odogw, who looked lively.

Heathen

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: November 29, 2020, 01:40:21 PM »
I know we have to bow to Lee's call but I really fancied Charlie Atkinson to wear the 10 shirt and leave Jimmy at 12, for this match.

HDAWG

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: November 29, 2020, 01:47:31 PM »
I know we have to bow to Lee's call but I really fancied Charlie Atkinson to wear the 10 shirt and leave Jimmy at 12, for this match.

I wish Charlie started at 10 with Jimmy at 12. Won't get too many other opportunities to have that combination and give Atkinson the opportunity to develop via game time. Perhaps our attack may have been different at the beginning.

Mellie

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: November 29, 2020, 07:52:19 PM »
I had expected Charlie to start. He looked good in the game v Sarries until forced off by Farrell. But the Wasps team were really firing then.

Now, I'm not sure he is ready to play in a team that's struggling a bit. So much easier when the team is playing well with senior players to help him.

It was his missed tackle that lead to the break resulting in Simmo's try and his telegraphed pass that was intercepted for 36's try. He also gave a daisycutter pass to Lima under no pressure. He will learn from that but it maybe a risk to throw him in at the moment.

HDAWG

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: November 29, 2020, 08:04:32 PM »
I had expected Charlie to start. He looked good in the game v Sarries until forced off by Farrell. But the Wasps team were really firing then.

Now, I'm not sure he is ready to play in a team that's struggling a bit. So much easier when the team is playing well with senior players to help him.

It was his missed tackle that lead to the break resulting in Simmo's try and his telegraphed pass that was intercepted for 36's try. He also gave a daisycutter pass to Lima under no pressure. He will learn from that but it maybe a risk to throw him in at the moment.

Bare in mind him coming on against a very confident Gloucester (after gaining the upper hand) may have been different to Charlie starting.

Gloucester's mentality (and ours actually) did change throughout, hence Charlie's performance at the end isn't fair to say how he would've done had he started.

westwaleswasp

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: November 29, 2020, 08:42:01 PM »
Glaws grew in confidence, at the start they looked nervy. I too was surprised Jimmy was not alongside Atkinson, but others here will know more of Atkinson than I do.