Always a Wasp

Author Topic: Rumours England Call ups  (Read 2222 times)

BG

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
Re: Rumours England Call ups
« Reply #15 on: December 01, 2020, 08:50:32 AM »
Does the EPS still exist? I thought that was in place so that England had to nominate 40 - 50 players once every 6 months and the EPS was the limit as to what players England could have access to and this allowed the clubs to plan ahead.

EJ picking and choosing players on a week by week basis to have a couple of days with the wider squad doesn't seem equitable to the clubs based on the RFU/PRL agreement especially seeing as clubs are trying to manage training and playing bubbles and limited resources

wasps

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
Re: Rumours England Call ups
« Reply #16 on: December 01, 2020, 02:24:24 PM »
Does the EPS still exist? I thought that was in place so that England had to nominate 40 - 50 players once every 6 months and the EPS was the limit as to what players England could have access to and this allowed the clubs to plan ahead.

EJ picking and choosing players on a week by week basis to have a couple of days with the wider squad doesn't seem equitable to the clubs based on the RFU/PRL agreement especially seeing as clubs are trying to manage training and playing bubbles and limited resources

Exactly.

I believe it does still exist but isn't as publicised as it used to be

The agreement is still there so that the clubs know who they are losing and when.

That being said Eddie is happy to bring Alfie in, so you'd think he'd find a way to bring others in too