Always a Wasp

Author Topic: 'Absolutely' - Wasps fans call for Guy Thompson's return to ease back row issue  (Read 3321 times)

Rossm

• Hey, Slow Down.
    • View Profile
SLAVA UKRAINI!
HEROYAM SLAVA!

Peej

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
There are considerably worse options. Alfie won't be released as England always hold on to three hookers in case someone goes down in the warm up. We might hope for Jack back, but I think that's unlikely too.

We may get Jacob back.

The next few weeks are going to be character building.

Neils

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
There are considerably worse options. Alfie won't be released as England always hold on to three hookers in case someone goes down in the warm up. We might hope for Jack back, but I think that's unlikely too.

We may get Jacob back.

Alfie is a hooker at U20s level but never hooked at Premiership or International level so is totally untried - but then again it is Eddie.
Let me tell you something cucumber

WonkyWasp

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
I would aqbsollutely LOVE to see Guy back in black and gold  (or grey). I am biased  but it would be great.

Peej

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile

We may get Jacob back.

Alfie is a hooker at U20s level but never hooked at Premiership or International level so is totally untried - but then again it is Eddie.

My thoughts exactly, but there's only two other hookers in the squad...

matelot22

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
Since when has Eddie been worried about making bold sorry, mental selections. He probably thought Bergamasco at SH for Italy was a stroke of genius. ;D

hookender

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile

We may get Jacob back.

My thoughts exactly, but there's only two other hookers in the squad...

Probably sees him as a utility forward (especially if France going 2/3 choice) .will end up coming on as Loosehead for final minute.

wasps

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile

I've not seen how Guy Thompson has been playing since he left us

However, assuming that he's still a capable performer, and given our lack of depth at back row, it seems like an absolute no brainer to me.

He'll know most of the squad and seemed to get on well with the team when he was here.
He's a genuine leader and voice on the pitch which can only help
And finally, when he was with us before, he was a top performer too.

Rifleman Harris

• Wasps Rugby Fan and MND Runner
    • View Profile
My concern would be that he spends so much time injured (I think Leicester found the same).  We may just  end up adding another injured player to the list after a game or so.  If he could stay fit, then absolutely he would be a great addition, but can he?

Montague Withnail

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile

I've not seen how Guy Thompson has been playing since he left us

He was the reason Newcastle and not Leicester spent last season in the Championship!

Montague Withnail

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
My concern would be that he spends so much time injured (I think Leicester found the same).

He played in 21 games for them in a season and half. Two thirds availability, it's probably above average.

DGP Wasp

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
When fit he was very good during his 2 years at Tigers, and I think their fans took to him much as we did.  However, his second season was hit by injury so didn't play much.  Of course, it may be that this prolonged lay off from rugby may have been the chance his body needed to put the injuries behind him, but also means he'll likely be some way short of fully match fit.  He would offer useful additional depth and should slot in fairly seamlessly, so it would make a lot of sense.

But let's not get too carried away, this story sounds like it is based on nothing more than a bit of baseless fan speculation on Twitter! :)

MarleyWasp

Ealing played two matches against Newcastle in November. Guy played in both and scored at home.

coddy

• Wasps Rugby Supporter
    • View Profile
This Sunday is the last England game before the six nations next year, I'm sure we don't need to sign another short term forward for just this weekends game against the Falcons as we will have 4 forwards back next week.

Neils

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
This Sunday is the last England game before the six nations next year, I'm sure we don't need to sign another short term forward for just this weekends game against the Falcons as we will have 4 forwards back next week.

But the international players have to have agreed rest periods. It was said that we would see our England internationals for only 3 of the first 14 matches.
Let me tell you something cucumber