Always a Wasp

Author Topic: 'Absolutely' - Wasps fans call for Guy Thompson's return to ease back row issue  (Read 3304 times)

DGP Wasp

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
This Sunday is the last England game before the six nations next year, I'm sure we don't need to sign another short term forward for just this weekends game against the Falcons as we will have 4 forwards back next week.

But the international players have to have agreed rest periods. It was said that we would see our England internationals for only 3 of the first 14 matches.

Agreed rest periods are only under the terms of the EPS agreement between the RFU and Premier Rugby aren't they?  So Minozzi and Rowlands can be played as Wasps see fit.  Robson has not played more than 20 minutes in a single game for England, so rest period unlikely to be enforced, and to a lesser extent Willis who has started one where he played 50 odd minutes and had 20 mins off the bench in another.

Neils

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
I didn't think that it mattered how many minutes a player actually played to be impacted by the full regulations. Stupid I know. And yes only the English players. I note Exeter has some of their Scots playing at the weekend.
Let me tell you something cucumber

hookender

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
I didn't think that it mattered how many minutes a player actually played to be impacted by the full regulations. Stupid I know. And yes only the English players. I note Exeter has some of their Scots playing at the weekend.
It was if they had played more than 65% of the time over the full number of games of the series, ie six nations or quilters. But whether this was altered for tri nations I not sure.

Shugs

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
Not sure on the need for Thompson. For a couple of weeks we've got to perm any three from Oghre, Barbeary, Young and Morris. For me that leaves us well short at 8. I know GT can play 8 but I'd rather have an 8 who knows it inside out.

Peej

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
Didn't Guy mostly play 8?

WonkyWasp

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
His preferred  numbber is  7. He loves tackling  and  jackling.