Always a Wasp

Author Topic: What has changed?  (Read 7122 times)

Horusthewasp

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
Re: What has changed?
« Reply #45 on: December 07, 2020, 01:06:55 PM »
It will be interesting to see how we go at RP. With the engine room back and the Jackal plus Dobby, I fancy that we will see a very different performance from Wasps, than what we have seen in the first 3 weeks of the season.

Hopefully but depends on who comes out of Saturday injured. Currently holding breathe on any updates.

Likewise on the injuries. Umaga’s swollen face was quite the sight but I’m hoping it isn’t too serious (like a broken cheekbone) otherwise he wouldn’t of continued to play...

I assume T Willis will be unavailable this week and maybe next due to his self isolation.

Hope Gaskell passes the HIA protocols. That clash with Douglas was tough to watch.

Vailanu (mid-December), Watson, Simonds & Mills (all late December) should become available soon but I haven’t seen anything on the extent of Curran’s injury and recovery timeline.

DGP Wasp

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: December 07, 2020, 01:42:29 PM »
I assume T Willis will be unavailable this week and maybe next due to his self isolation.

Did i miss something?  I thought (maybe just assumed) that his withdrawal was due to having not fully recovered from the injury he picked up last week.  Has he or someone close to him tested positive and therefore having to isolate?

WonkyWasp

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: December 07, 2020, 01:46:55 PM »
Yes.

Horusthewasp

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: December 07, 2020, 01:52:31 PM »

Did i miss something?  I thought (maybe just assumed) that his withdrawal was due to having not fully recovered from the injury he picked up last week.  Has he or someone close to him tested positive and therefore having to isolate?

Yes he came into contact with someone who tested positive and was withdrawn the morning of the Falcons game.

matelot22

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: December 07, 2020, 02:05:46 PM »
Anyway, if there was no debate the board would a boring place..

Absolutely. I noticed with some dismay at the weekend that the Renegade Wasps Facebook page has now become one of those places where, if you criticiser the referee, you know nothing about the laws of the game or the ethos of rugby, and if you criticise the team, you're no longer a true fan...........  ::)

I gave up Facebook a couple of years ago and haven't regretted it once.

I'm in some very good ex forces groups, I would miss them enormously. Also, all of my family being 360 miles away, makes it a very easy way to keep in touch.

westwaleswasp

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: December 08, 2020, 03:04:38 PM »
Anyway, if there was no debate the board would a boring place..

Absolutely. I noticed with some dismay at the weekend that the Renegade Wasps Facebook page has now become one of those places where, if you criticiser the referee, you know nothing about the laws of the game or the ethos of rugby, and if you criticise the team, you're no longer a true fan...........  ::)

Does not sound very renegade...quite the opposite, really.