Always a Wasp

Author Topic: 'Not panic' - Lee Blackett transcript after Wasps' loss to Budgies  (Read 1348 times)

Rossm

• Hey, Slow Down.
    • View Profile
From Bobby Bridge and Adam Dickinson:

https://www.coventrytelegraph.net/sport/rugby/wasps-rugby-newcastle-gallagher-premiership-19407533

Lee faces the press post match.
SLAVA UKRAINI!
HEROYAM SLAVA!

Shugs

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
Re: 'Not panic' - Lee Blackett transcript after Wasps' loss to Budgies
« Reply #1 on: December 05, 2020, 10:09:42 PM »
Blackett was obviously watching the same game. He must be a bit shocked about the basic stuff that didn't work. But he's right - not time to panic. Getting Willis and Robson back will transform us. Might be too soon for JL and WR.

Hymenoptera

• Trevor Leotas Twin
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 05, 2020, 10:32:38 PM »
Blackett was obviously watching the same game. He must be a bit shocked about the basic stuff that didn't work. But he's right - not time to panic. Getting Willis and Robson back will transform us. Might be too soon for JL and WR.
I don't think they will. Willis played in the robbery of Bristol. If we are relying on these two players then we are in worse shape than i feared.

Shugs

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 05, 2020, 10:41:33 PM »
OK. I'll  throw in the rest. Launchbury, T Willis, Fekitoa, Mills, Shields and Rowlands. And then take out the disruption of Umaga, Minozzi and Barbeary. Then put Gaskell back in. Then add in Miller, Simmonds, Spink and Curran. We're not relying on two. We will be changed by these guys coming back.

Hymenoptera

• Trevor Leotas Twin
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 05, 2020, 11:28:21 PM »
Not wanting to appear snarky, but saying we'll improve with better players is kind of stating the obvious, the issue is what we have available now shouldn't be this bad regardless of who's missing.
« Last Edit: December 05, 2020, 11:34:39 PM by Hymenoptera »

Shugs

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 06, 2020, 10:20:01 AM »
Not wanting to appear snarky, but saying we'll improve with better players is kind of stating the obvious, the issue is what we have available now shouldn't be this bad regardless of who's missing.
No they shouldn't. But they weren't against Sarries etc etc etc. So they are not bad players. That's why it's not time to panic. So to try and frame it a different way I'm confident our dip in form is circumstance led rather than ability led. So no panic.

westwaleswasp

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: December 06, 2020, 01:21:44 PM »
Put out a full strength team as we can in the Euro matches. Tell them to enjoy it.  If we can grab a w or two things will feel a whole lot better.

Neils

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: December 06, 2020, 01:25:47 PM »
Put out a full strength team as we can in the Euro matches. Tell them to enjoy it.  If we can grab a w or two things will feel a whole lot better.

Let's hope
Let me tell you something cucumber