Always a Wasp

Author Topic: Good News - Amazon targeting Premiership  (Read 7842 times)

hookender

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile

St Bruno

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
Re: Good News - Amazon targeting Premiership
« Reply #46 on: December 16, 2020, 04:47:24 PM »
VV,
At the risk of sounding like a dinosaur, how do you watch Amazon on your TV?

Have you got your computer somehow connected to the haunted fishtank?

If so, how did you do that?

InBetweenWasp

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: December 16, 2020, 05:12:50 PM »
Well I can't answer for VV, but we watch via the Amazon Prime app available on our Samsung SmartTV.  We also have access via an Amazon FireStick (which plugs into the TV and costs £30+ to buy) in our Bedroom TV to watch up there.

Lots of other devices and manufacturers should support the Amazon Prime video application. 

Neils

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: December 16, 2020, 05:25:55 PM »
Well I can't answer for VV, but we watch via the Amazon Prime app available on our Samsung SmartTV.  We also have access via an Amazon FireStick (which plugs into the TV and costs £30+ to buy) in our Bedroom TV to watch up there.

Lots of other devices and manufacturers should support the Amazon Prime video application.

+1 simple with a smart TV. We also have a Samsung and Amazon is there ready.
Let me tell you something cucumber

St Bruno

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: December 16, 2020, 05:31:09 PM »
InBetweenWasp,
Dinosaur here again.

I've only got a satellite dish as a connection to my Smart TV. (Don't know why it's called smart as 90% of what it doles out is rubbish!) Do I need an aerial to view Amazon or can I just plug the Amazon gizmo into my TV?

InBetweenWasp

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: December 16, 2020, 05:31:47 PM »
Telegraph now reporting in an apparent exclusive that BT Sport and PRL are close to wrapping up a 3-year deal worth £110m.

A little more detail suggesting it was a £35m per year offer that was rejected (not £40m reported earlier) and that they'll likely agree on £37m a year.  So don't cancel your BT Sport subscriptions just yet!

Hymenoptera

• Trevor Leotas Twin
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: December 16, 2020, 05:33:50 PM »
VV,

It doesn't look as good on a black and white though.

As an aside i'd like it to remain on BT if its apples to apples. They have my respect for the way they stood by the league during Covid and that means something to me..

InBetweenWasp

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: December 16, 2020, 05:34:53 PM »
InBetweenWasp,
Dinosaur here again.

I've only got a satellite dish as a connection to my Smart TV. (Don't know why it's called smart as 90% of what it doles out is rubbish!) Do I need an aerial to view Amazon or can I just plug the Amazon gizmo into my TV?

It's very easy

-- If your Smart TV has the Amazon Prime app then all you need as an internet connection (i.e. the TV needs to be connected either via wi-fi or preferably by a network cable from your router)

-- If you use a FireStick then it just plugs into a HDMI port on your TV and uses Wi-Fi to stream services.  It's pretty easy to setup, it'll ask you to connect to wifi and enter in your amazon account login to get going

-- You could also use a ChromeCast (same sort of thing but 'casts' from your smart phone) or an AppleTV Box (which is more expensive than a FireStick)
« Last Edit: December 16, 2020, 05:41:19 PM by InBetweenWasp »

InBetweenWasp

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: December 16, 2020, 05:40:23 PM »
VV,

As an aside i'd like it to remain on BT if its apples to apples. They have my respect for the way they stood by the league during Covid and that means something to me..

I definitely think we've been spoilt having all Premiership games aired.  It's nice to be able to pick and choose, or to mix it up if one game is dull and the other looks to be decent.

I'm not sure if I have misunderstood what you meant, but have interpreted stood-by as to insinuate they have made some sort of sacrifice for the greater good? (happy to be corrected if wrong)

I'm not suggesting they haven't made a sacrifice and there was some chat about them paying niche broadcast service companies who help them broadcast the rugby despite no games to help them out with cashflow but do you not think BT have benefitted from COVID more than been penalised by it - from a Prem Rugby perspective at least? - A more captive audience to view and they've made the app available in more ways before the league resumed.

St Bruno

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: December 16, 2020, 05:42:34 PM »
Thanks for that. Clearly I need to sort out a WiFi thingy and go from there.

I can feel a headache coming on!

hookender

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: December 16, 2020, 06:04:46 PM »

Some you tube videos are available to help or best bet find someone under 16 to do it for you!

Bloke in North Dorset

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: December 16, 2020, 06:06:18 PM »
BT always had cameras and a commentator at every game, that's how they built the highlights packages. What they did with Covid was put the feed straight out on to their platforms so we got access. Whilst that will have had some cost I think its marginal and they also go advertising sales.

I think that was just as much the PRL giving them them permission to do it because their main package limits the number of live games they can show on any weekend.

When we get crowds back the clubs won't want them showing too many live games again because of the effects of crowds.

Vespula Vulgaris

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: December 16, 2020, 06:50:36 PM »

Sorry I missed this earlier. We use a firestick over WiFi. We no longer have any terrestrial TV or Sky. Just what is online.
Please consider supporting the forum in 2022! Donate Here

Hymenoptera

• Trevor Leotas Twin
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: December 16, 2020, 06:52:07 PM »
VV,

I definitely think we've been spoilt having all Premiership games aired.  It's nice to be able to pick and choose, or to mix it up if one game is dull and the other looks to be decent.

I'm not sure if I have misunderstood what you meant, but have interpreted stood-by as to insinuate they have made some sort of sacrifice for the greater good? (happy to be corrected if wrong)

I'm not suggesting they haven't made a sacrifice and there was some chat about them paying niche broadcast service companies who help them broadcast the rugby despite no games to help them out with cashflow but do you not think BT have benefitted from COVID more than been penalised by it - from a Prem Rugby perspective at least? - A more captive audience to view and they've made the app available in more ways before the league resumed.
I meant in that continued to pay the clubs/PRL broadcast rights cash when nothing was being shown, not knowing if anything would be at the end of that tunnel, effectively paying for something they couldn't broadcast.  Nothing more than that.

Vespula Vulgaris

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: December 16, 2020, 06:58:37 PM »
VV,

I meant in that continued to pay the clubs/PRL broadcast rights cash when nothing was being shown, not knowing if anything would be at the end of that tunnel, effectively paying for something they couldn't broadcast.  Nothing more than that.

I didn't think they did pay until it was actually back.
Please consider supporting the forum in 2022! Donate Here