Always a Wasp

Author Topic: Good Morning All  (Read 3536 times)

NellyWellyWaspy

• Getting older a couple of minutes every day
    • View Profile
Good Morning All
« on: December 12, 2020, 06:26:36 AM »
I have no idea why I am up at this ungodly hour, but there it is. Getting old(er).

Strangely hopeful about today. A big day for Charlie.

Wiltshire Wasp

• Loving Coventry
    • View Profile
Re: Good Morning All
« Reply #1 on: December 12, 2020, 07:35:30 AM »
Good morning all.  I am up this early as we have acquired a puppy and despite the promises from wife and daughter am the nominated early morning cleaner, feeder and walker.

I hope this will be a game in which we recapture our form and sustain no injuries.  Don’t know enough to predict the result.
“In a world full of Kardashians be an Audrey”.

Heathen

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 12, 2020, 07:43:14 AM »
Morning all.

Looking forward to this game. We, at last, have our first choice engine room and King Jackal back in the team. Given all of our absentees, it is still a strong side. Scene is set for Charlie to showcase his talents.

Enjoy the game.

#COYW

BTW, the Heiny really is a strange concept this season. Two pools of 12 with the top 4 in each pool, qualifying for H & A quarters. Qualification will not be easy. 4 wins needed to guarantee qualifying. 3 wins might not be enough.

coddy

• Wasps Rugby Supporter
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 12, 2020, 07:47:12 AM »
Good morning to all.

I know Dragons have in recent years been the weaker of the Welsh regions but I'm aware they are now on the up in terms of competitiveness which is demonstrated by the fact that they are in this tournament and not the Challenge Cup.

After a couple of disappointing defeats we need to win this one today but we won't if our discipline and handling skills are as bad as last week.

COYW

Neils

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 12, 2020, 08:20:56 AM »
Morning all

An unusual sleep in today before venturing into the damp dreich morning outside. Kind of hopeful we see an upside today. Off to walk the dog!

COYW

Let me tell you something cucumber

Vespula Vulgaris

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 12, 2020, 08:55:35 AM »
Morning all, the last few games have taken a lot of the joy out of this season for me  with the odd result that today we have a game I am fairly confident about, but don't really care about.

It has become clear that our form is not robust enough for us to be able to compete effectively on two fronts, and a cobbled together Heiny doesn't really feel like the priority to me.

That being said a win could go a long way towards boosting the confidence if the squad.
Please consider supporting the forum in 2022! Donate Here

mike909

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: December 12, 2020, 09:02:09 AM »
Morning all - hoping for a win, feeling too confident for my own good......it's dry here out west with little on the radar - so hopefully good conditions later on under the lights

Be good to see Dan back with the others providing some dash and control and we probably need the result just to get over our rather slow start. Hope to be posting some positives from a win this evening. Hope Charlie has a good game - plenty of experience around him - hopefully no head shots...

MarleyWasp

« Reply #7 on: December 12, 2020, 09:04:49 AM »
Morning All.

Not really sure how today's match will go. Dragons are in form and have a strong squad and will be no pushover. No crowd will take out a significant element of usual trips to Rodney Parade.

I'm excited to see Charlie get a start. He's not really had a chance to show what he can do in the opportunities he's had so far. With Dobby at 9 and Jimmy at 12 he has experience around him.

westwaleswasp

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: December 12, 2020, 09:15:23 AM »
Morning. Lovely day for it so far, sunshine and blue sky.
Too much wine last night, though. Hope the headache goes by ko.  :(

hookender

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: December 12, 2020, 10:32:33 AM »
Good morning all,just back from from walking the dogs around the village delivering cards over very squelchy fields and muddy footpaths.

Just looked at the odds and can’t believe we are favourites (dragons 11/4 wasps 2/5) just hope they’re right this time!

backdoc

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: December 12, 2020, 10:39:08 AM »
Morning all.
My monthly delivery from finecheese.co.uk has arrived and looking forwards to sampling some during the game.

Hookender - I have Dragons at 13/4

Really looking forwards to seeing our new 10 play, and seeing Alfie at 8 again and Paulo at 13, both really positive attacking selections.

hookender

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: December 12, 2020, 10:42:26 AM »

Hookender - I have Dragons at 13/4

Must admit it’s worth taking ,just to soften blow if we do lose

Shugs

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: December 12, 2020, 10:43:43 AM »
Morning all. I'm really confident we'll win this. The squad will be mentally lifted by the return of so many internationals as well as what they do on the pitch.

ricohchezwasp

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: December 12, 2020, 10:50:08 AM »
My last two trips to Rodney Parade were a joy to behold, seem to remember a “fiver “try being disallowed and a 3-3 draw in a monsoon, could of been same game !! And my driver getting a ticket .... oh what memories

Rossm

• Hey, Slow Down.
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: December 12, 2020, 11:28:05 AM »
Morning all. Great decision to give Charlie a start in this game. I like Lee more and more. Would have preferred an earlier KO, so will have to try and catch the game a bit later.
SLAVA UKRAINI!
HEROYAM SLAVA!