Always a Wasp

Author Topic: Morning All  (Read 2800 times)

hookender

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
Re: Morning All
« Reply #15 on: December 18, 2020, 01:52:18 PM »
Mont have two 18 year olds at 9 and 10 I believe, so callow youth at key positions is not going to be a good enough excuse.
Especially as the fly half got all the points in their 15-21 win at Clermont

westwaleswasp

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: December 18, 2020, 02:18:06 PM »
A belated morning from Wales. We are tier 4 after Christmas, and generally shut down now all over anyway, the only thing left, the shops, go dark on 28th. None of which will stop me having to go to school and teach, making sure to keep masks on outside the school until everyone is packed into the room. Sad times.

Sadly my parents have had to cancel what will probably be their last chance to see their only granddaughter on Christmas itself in her natural home environment. Still, when and if things change we shall be off to England  to visit.

Hopefully, at least one parent will be watching tonight for our match, the shared experience from the other side of the country.

Montague Withnail

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: December 18, 2020, 02:38:18 PM »
It's a good-afternoon now, but I've been looking forwards to the game all day. Up here in Tier-2 North Yorkshire it's unseasonably mild! A bit blowy though.

Montpellier's Benoît Paillaugue is a veteran of 33 years age and an impressive 224 appearances for the club, so Will Porter will have that experience to content with. But, he's been looking sharp, and I'm hoping we can see some signs of real promise from him. Their fly-half, Foursans-Bourdette, is indeed 18, and already has a fearsome reputation for his boot but we'll have to see how the rest of his game shapes up.

WonkyWasp

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: December 18, 2020, 02:57:03 PM »
Jingle bells; Jingle bells;  Covid - go away!  We want to go to Cov-en-treeee    To see the Waspies play!    Heh!  Jingle bells; Jingle bells;  Hear those 'Allez's ring.    A merry Christmas  everyone!    And  the best of everything!!!!

mike909

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: December 18, 2020, 02:58:52 PM »
Belated "morning" from a damp S Glos that's stayed in Tier 3, even though most of the rural parts have hardly had a covid case at all......Not that I was going to see any family as the ones I like are in Canada - but the pub might have been nice, but perhaps not worth risking other people....

Tonight - I'd like to think we can perform to expectations both individually and as a team. We'd make it easier if we didn't indulge in any "prat-fall" moments or provide too many "easy outs" if we can get to apply pressure

Looking forwards to the game, but without the "big" players, I find it hard to be too optimistic, IRO the result. But we can still perform and learn

Enjoy the evening all.

hookender

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: December 18, 2020, 03:05:54 PM »
Jingle bells; Jingle bells;  Covid - go away!  We want to go to Cov-en-treeee    To see the Waspies play!    Heh!  Jingle bells; Jingle bells;  Hear those 'Allez's ring.    A merry Christmas  everyone!    And  the best of everything!!!!

On the Christmas Sherry already ?

Neils

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: December 18, 2020, 03:08:45 PM »

On the Christmas Sherry already ?

They are constantly on it out in the Far West!
Let me tell you something cucumber

WonkyWasp

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: December 18, 2020, 03:09:47 PM »
It's never too early. tho' I would prefer Bailleys.

Neils

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: December 18, 2020, 04:46:41 PM »
It's never too early. tho' I would prefer Bailleys.

Coole Swan is very very nice.
Columba Cream was excellent but seems to have disappeared. Arran Cream is in the house. Just bought Limoncello Cream which is superb over ice cream

Bloke in North Dorset

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: December 18, 2020, 04:47:34 PM »
It's a good-afternoon now, but I've been looking forwards to the game all day. Up here in Tier-2 North Yorkshire it's unseasonably mild! A bit blowy though.

Where abouts? I'm originally from the West Riding but we moved to Pickering in the '69 and my father ran The Lettered Board for 8 years.

The reason we settled down here was because it can get so b@"£$y cold up there but we do like the area.

WonkyWasp

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: December 18, 2020, 05:17:33 PM »
Thanks Neils very much;  I'll make a note of them.

hookender

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: December 18, 2020, 05:23:26 PM »
I’ve  been sipping highland park Neils mentioned in previous post . Will have bottle at ready for 8:00 pm 

Thanks Neils

Neils

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: December 18, 2020, 05:31:18 PM »

Pleasure.

Tasted Coole Swan in Galway this weekend a few years ago (the match the French ref stole from us).

Neils

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: December 18, 2020, 05:35:45 PM »
I’ve  been sipping highland park Neils mentioned in previous post . Will have bottle at ready for 8:00 pm 

Thanks Neils

Pleasure. Enjoy.

hookender

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: December 18, 2020, 05:45:44 PM »

Thanks Neils
My daughter was on about making limoncello cream the other day . Maybe she meant limoncello ice cream.

Pleasure. Enjoy.