Always a Wasp

Author Topic: Academy Promotions  (Read 1299 times)

Old Geezer

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
Academy Promotions
« on: December 18, 2020, 10:58:14 PM »
Can anyone give me an update on the progress/development of the guys who were promoted rom the Academy for 2019/2020 please.  I am particularly interested in Sirker, Spink and Owain Jones.

Ta!

Heathen

• View Profile
Re: Academy Promotions
« Reply #1 on: December 18, 2020, 11:06:08 PM »
Owain James has left the club. The other two, I believe, are back in training following injuries.

JonnyD

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 19, 2020, 12:57:53 AM »
Sirker I believe has been travelling reserve over the past few weeks so is one injury or a rest week for Basset or Kibirige away from playing.
Spink coming through to the first team squad a year early than normally occurs in the academy (repeated this year with Barbeary and probably next with Atkinson) apparently was a reason management didn’t feel the need to fight to keep Daly - seems to have had lots of injuries though and has not been able to push through apart from the odd cameo.
James, after many years at the club went to NZ to pursue other rugby opportunities- not sure that all went to plan due to covid 19 and spent some time working in construction it seemed from his Instagram story. Possibly back in the UK now but not sure a move back to Wasps will occur due to more youth coming through like Bacon and Williams.

Porter, Tom Willis and Oghre came through then too, Cardall possibly as well that year - obviously all featured tonight so a pretty good return that year

Damian68

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 19, 2020, 01:20:15 AM »
I believe Spink is injured again.

Horusthewasp

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 19, 2020, 01:29:41 AM »
I believe Spink is injured again.

Correct. Out with a foot injury until February.

Old Geezer

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 19, 2020, 09:48:35 AM »
Thanks everyone.