Always a Wasp

Author Topic: Seems pretty clear to me  (Read 2387 times)

Vespula Vulgaris

• Administrator
    • View Profile
Seems pretty clear to me
« on: May 31, 2017, 03:05:57 PM »
http://www.punditarena.com/rugby/smcmahon/eddie-jones-blunt-christian-wade-england-omission/

It sounds very much like EJ doesn't like Wade and isn't willing to consider working with him.  I've lost a lot of respect for Jones over this.  Whatever his personal feelings the justifications he gives are clearly just as applicable to people he is perfectly willing to pick.
Please consider supporting the forum in 2022! Donate Here

NellyWellyWaspy

• Getting older a couple of minutes every day
    • View Profile
Re: Seems pretty clear to me
« Reply #1 on: May 31, 2017, 03:15:46 PM »
In fairness to EJ, he has not changed in this respect. If he didn't like you, regardless of the reason, you would never get in 'his' team. He is not judged by his decision making, nor the players he does or does not pick. He is judged only by the results.

Just the same as we trust in Dai. The difference is, I LIKE Dai. He is fair and honest. I do not feel the same with EJ OR Gatland.

Vespula Vulgaris

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 31, 2017, 03:45:19 PM »
Well said.  Hard to disagree with any of that.
Please consider supporting the forum in 2022! Donate Here

Raggs

• Global Moderator
  • Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 05, 2017, 08:37:05 PM »
Eddie clearly knows what he wants.  We may not agree with that.  Selection is going to be interesting in the future.  So far Eddie has been very successful with a squad almost entirely picked by Lancaster before him (even Daly and Itoje were spotted and slowly being brought in, same as Taylor and LCD), the question is how he begins to replace some of those aging players, and the new youngsters he brings in.  This Argentina tour is a bit of a make or break for me.  I'm fine with testing the youngsters, as these are the guys Eddie thinks are capable of going all the way, losses would be fine, but if they get battered, then he's clearly called it very wrong.

The fact he's gone through so many EQPs in his squads through the last two years (including baabaas and saxons) does make me wonder.