Always a Wasp

Author Topic: Championship to start in March  (Read 3469 times)

RBB

• It’s like trying to tackle a snooker table!
    • View Profile
Re: Championship to start in March
« Reply #15 on: December 22, 2020, 08:55:20 AM »
The two conference model with the EAs and Ealing in separate groups is contrived, and blatant. It seems that no matter how far the EAs transgress from what is right and proper, and their total lack of respect towards the rest of the rugby family, everything is done by the powers that be to help them.

I for one, would not miss them at all after everything that has gone on. I am pretty sure most fans feel the same. Their players are still bleating about how they have been wronged, the cheating was hiding in plain sight, not once did any of the I suspect, complicit players do the right thing.

I just hope more players like Jack Singleton (i.e.out on loan) look for ways out. Sadly the inner chamber of Farrell, George, Itoje and Briefcase will 'tough it out' on large salaries playing against teams that they will give a hiding to every week, and continue to represent England, as EJ is blind to 'doing the right thing'. I was hoping I had got over my EA angst but after reading the proposed Championship approach then it all bubbled to the surface again.
It was fine when I left it.....

Skippy

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: December 22, 2020, 09:54:36 AM »
A final between the Travel Agents and the Estate Agents does look highly likely. It’d be great if it takes place in the summer when the Lions and summer tours are underway.

The biggest risk with the EA players coming back to play for England after such a long layoff is that there match-brains won’t be up to speed. For example, a player — say Farrell — might have forgotten how to dip properly into a tackle and wrap the arms around. Oh wait...

Neils

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: December 22, 2020, 09:57:14 AM »
A final between the Travel Agents and the Estate Agents does look highly likely. It’d be great if it takes place in the summer when the Lions and summer tours are underway.

The biggest risk with the EA players coming back to play for England after such a long layoff is that there match-brains won’t be up to speed. For example, a player — say Farrell — might have forgotten how to dip properly into a tackle and wrap the arms around. Oh wait...

No no you can't say that because he is a changed man now!!!!
Let me tell you something cucumber

NellyWellyWaspy

• Getting older a couple of minutes every day
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: December 22, 2020, 10:07:13 AM »

My @rse he is.

Neils

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: December 22, 2020, 10:18:17 AM »

My @rse he is.

No no he says he is and we must believe him.
 :)

NellyWellyWaspy

• Getting older a couple of minutes every day
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: December 22, 2020, 11:25:39 AM »

My @rse he is.

There was a time in my life I might have believed him. Then I grew up and went to school.

hookender

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: December 22, 2020, 11:31:42 AM »

My @rse he is.

There was a time in my life I might have believed him. Then I grew up and went to school.

I thought you were a schoolteacher? Does that mean you grew up last week? 😁

Neils

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: December 22, 2020, 11:32:36 AM »

My @rse he is.

But his teacher told him to say that.

Mellie

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: December 22, 2020, 11:54:28 AM »
But his teacher told him to say that.

Quite likely. I remember his school rugby teacher abandoning a match he was reffing against my son's school for safety reasons when he realised a couple of my son's team mates didn't have gum shields.

However George Ford, 1 year younger, and Maro Itoje, 2 years younger, were playing which wasn't allowed in the RFU Continuum at the time!

hookender

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: December 22, 2020, 03:54:26 PM »
This means that the EAs England players won’t have had a competitive match for 4 months when te 6N starts. 

In a sane world they wouldn’t be selected, anyone taking bets?

It will be 2 months won’t it since the Autumn Nations Cup? Same as a “normal” season break.

Yes, you're right, a bit of a brain fart on that one :(

I think my point still stands. At the start of the season all players are equally rusty and not fully match fit and early season matches are renowned for reflecting it. In the 6N the EA players will be the only ones and they'll be playing against top internationals who are match fit and sharp.

It’s a shame that championship coulldnt start at beginning of February. With Saracens internationals involved in six nations and statutory rest period afterwards , might have given a chance of an upset .