Always a Wasp

Author Topic: BBs Player Ratings  (Read 2178 times)

Neils

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
Let me tell you something cucumber

Horusthewasp

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
Re: BBs Player Ratings
« Reply #1 on: January 02, 2021, 05:29:58 PM »
Based on their impressive performance, it’s no surprise that the forwards top the score board ... although I think BB is a bit tight with the front row scores.

Shugs

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 02, 2021, 05:30:17 PM »
A few low scores there for me. Robson was well worth an 8 and Launchbury and Gaskell must be 9's. Tom Willis was also better than marked.

Beasties

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 03, 2021, 12:31:19 AM »
Front row assessment was just wrong. Both West and Beookes were comfortable against their oppos. Tempest got at least two pens wrong at scumtime and reset a couple when he should've blown Wasps' way. You could see West's frustration at those first two pens, having to bite his tongue. Rowlands is just quietly forceful every game isn't he?

Shugs

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 03, 2021, 11:30:01 AM »
Yes, and he looks a bigger unit every game as well.

Neils

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 03, 2021, 12:10:40 PM »
West's grin as he came off was great.
Let me tell you something cucumber

hookender

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 03, 2021, 03:49:01 PM »
Front row assessment was just wrong. Both West and Beookes were comfortable against their oppos. Tempest got at least two pens wrong at scumtime and reset a couple when he should've blown Wasps' way. You could see West's frustration at those first two pens, having to bite his tongue. Rowlands is just quietly forceful every game isn't he?

Agree . It’s been debated before but maybe it needs a scrum ref or even the ref to stand further away from the pack to see the whole picture.

DGP Wasp

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: January 04, 2021, 09:46:38 AM »

Agree . It’s been debated before but maybe it needs a scrum ref or even the ref to stand further away from the pack to see the whole picture.

There was a game recently where the commentators pointed out the TJ coming several metres onto the field of play during scrums to get a better view of the other side of the scrum to the ref.  Makes sense as long as he can then swiftly remove himself once play resumes.  The ref cannot have eyes on both sides of the scrum at once.

FrankWasp

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: January 04, 2021, 09:50:40 AM »
Yes that was the Sale game I think, because they also pointed out the ARs had the same colour blue tops on as Sharks how can that be allowed to happen?

RogerE

• Old Wasps Player (Not saying which team and when!)
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: January 04, 2021, 10:02:32 AM »
Yes that was the Sale game I think, because they also pointed out the ARs had the same colour blue tops on as Sharks how can that be allowed to happen?

Has always happened. In the past the officials have worn black and gold at Wasps matches.

FrankWasp

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: January 04, 2021, 10:39:02 AM »
Delusions of grandeur?

backdoc

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: January 04, 2021, 10:44:31 AM »
Team of the week Times

DGP Wasp

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: January 04, 2021, 12:09:32 PM »
Team of the week Times

Seems a little generous to Odogwu, whose most memorable contribution was his failure to pass to Lima for a walk in try.

RogerE

• Old Wasps Player (Not saying which team and when!)
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: January 04, 2021, 12:17:06 PM »
Team of the week Times

Seems a little generous to Odogwu, whose most memorable contribution was his failure to pass to Lima for a walk in try.

What about his contribution for the final try? (isn't it nice to be able to say "the final try" rather than "the try")

backdoc

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: January 04, 2021, 01:42:08 PM »
I think he is being lauded for his displays over the last few games - a player who was clearly talented, got nowhere at Sale behind some excellent wingers, and who has taken his chance well.

For me, he is a lethal bench option, as any attempt to tackle him that is not fully committed from an alert and balanced defender will be brushed aside.