Always a Wasp

Author Topic: TRP  (Read 2054 times)

Neils

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
TRP
« on: December 27, 2020, 08:08:44 AM »
Wasps after Elliot Stooke to replace Cardell who is allegedly Donkey bound.
TT wanted by Tigers.
Let me tell you something cucumber

andermt

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
Re: TRP
« Reply #1 on: December 27, 2020, 08:38:33 AM »
Just read the same, would be a shame to lose Cardall as he is progressing well.

Not sure what to think about TT. He isn’t getting much game time, we lost him a lot to injury in recent years and I’d say is probably 3rd choice currently.
When playing well he was very good but doesn’t seem to have got back to the form he was in when he joined Wasps and was in the England team.

Neils

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 27, 2020, 08:41:27 AM »
Just read the same, would be a shame to lose Cardall as he is progressing well.

Not sure what to think about TT. He isn’t getting much game time, we lost him a lot to injury in recent years and I’d say is probably 3rd choice currently.
When playing well he was very good but doesn’t seem to have got back to the form he was in when he joined Wasps and was in the England team.

Yes wouldn't disagree with that summation.
The Cardell rumour keeps popping up so probably has legs.
Let me tell you something cucumber

HDAWG

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 27, 2020, 09:23:13 AM »
Cardall leaving is a massive shame. That would be a second academy lock leaving across 2 seasons. He's quite reliable too.

Taylor isn't at the form he was, but he's still a very reliable player. But with Barbeary coming through I can understand if we lose someone who plays hooker.

Not gonna lie, bit disappointed to hear about this.

Shugs

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 27, 2020, 09:34:17 AM »
In pure playing terms Stooke for Cardall is probably a trade up for us but it's never a good feeling to lose younger players. TT is an interesting one. His tackle rate is great but his line out throwing is inconsistent. We are incredibly well stocked there with Cruse, Oghre and Barbeary. That assumes we keep Cruse and intend in developing Barbeary in that position. I'd like us to hang on to TT if we can.

hookender

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 27, 2020, 09:41:17 AM »
In pure playing terms Stooke for Cardall is probably a trade up for us but it's never a good feeling to lose younger players. TT is an interesting one. His tackle rate is great but his line out throwing is inconsistent. We are incredibly well stocked there with Cruse, Oghre and Barbeary. That assumes we keep Cruse and intend in developing Barbeary in that position. I'd like us to hang on to TT if we can.
Would be nice to have a number of hookers on the books but I guess it comes down to price and salary cap

Steve from Cov

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: December 27, 2020, 09:53:54 AM »
When Tommy is match fit, he is our best hooker.

His tackle count is phenomenal and he is our strongest scrummager. I sense he enjoys living in the Warwickshire area so any move would surprise me.

I always thought Stooge was a good, abrasive player who flies under the radar. He would be a great addition but I would like to keep Cardall whose game is developing.

WonkyWasp

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: December 27, 2020, 10:03:33 AM »
I'm very disappointed but not surprised at the rumours about Cardell; he has always seemed very ambitious to me. I do agree with Steve about TT and really hope we don't lose him. I'd like Cardell to stay too - if he's happy to.

JonnyD

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: December 27, 2020, 10:59:25 AM »
Stooke would be a great signing as he definitely replaces the sheer size of Rowlands.
Not sure why Cardall would leave though as he is progressing well and thought highly of, unless the money is talking.
TT is still our best hooker and I would argue our lineout issues of late across the hookers are a lot to do with lots of changes at lock as much as anything. Lots of other folk on forums always mention his injuries but he has played a hell of a lot over the last year and bounced back very quickly from what I thought was an ankle breaker recently.
I genuinely think there is scope to keep all four hookers for another few years and also manage to keep them all happy. There’ll be more rugby to play next year but as we know one or two injuries can really bring some trouble to our team. Also, who’d want to go to Leicester at the moment?!
I’d want to keep both players and sign Stooke.

Steve from Cov

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: December 27, 2020, 11:38:03 AM »
I think all our hookers are struggling with their line out throwing right now. It can’t be a coincidence?

RogerE

• Old Wasps Player (Not saying which team and when!)
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: December 27, 2020, 11:39:29 AM »
Remember post-Xmas is the time that Clubs can, officially, talk to other teams players.

It is also the time agents strat talking-up players being approached to try to drive-up interest, and thus value.

Cynical moi?  ;)

westwaleswasp

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: December 27, 2020, 11:56:06 AM »
Forgetting the lineout, I think Cruse offers as much as TT round the pitch. Their salaries may not reflect that, as TT signed at a time he was challenging for England. Wasn't there a rumour about Cruse last year?

hookender

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: December 27, 2020, 01:15:50 PM »
TRP are listing Launchers and Jack amongst the injured for wasps.

Hopefully this is speculation as to why not picked today.

Hymenoptera

• Trevor Leotas Twin
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: December 27, 2020, 03:14:39 PM »
The day was always coming where we have to lose a hooker, your not keeping 2 starters and 2 hungry young guns.
TT is phenomenal, but for me Cruise is Wasps through and through and i'd be more upset to lose him of the 2.

hookender

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: January 05, 2021, 05:50:07 PM »
Wasps after Elliot Stooke to replace Cardell who is allegedly Donkey bound.
TT wanted by Tigers.
So Glaws have signed the Scottish lock Andrew Davidson . Wonder if Cardell is going ?