Always a Wasp

Author Topic: Interesting Take from Friday's opponents  (Read 1015 times)

Neils

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
Let me tell you something cucumber

hookender

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
Re: Interesting Take from Friday's opponents
« Reply #1 on: January 06, 2021, 06:09:10 PM »
Actually do like to look at the COML board , normally quite reasoned and never seem to slag anyone off.
 Their O/T subjects can be good to read too.

mike909

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 07, 2021, 09:23:23 AM »
Two things come to mind. Firstly, it is (as we've seen early season) a fine margin between wins and losses - and whilst the commentator referred to no excuse for rust, I think that probably is a reasonable issue to raise, and secondly, there does need to be an assessment as to why (as the commentator notes) Lions players are making basic errors and that team is less than  the sum of its parts

One thing that Wasps have managed over the last year is to play as a squad and even when missing key players - have more often, managed to play as a team and better than the sum of the parts.

Would be good if Bath didn't recover form on Friday as they are potentially a very dangerous team.

will311293

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 07, 2021, 09:33:11 AM »
Think the thing i am most looking forward to seeing is the testing of our front five (West, Cruse, Brookes, Rowlands, Launchbury) vs (Obano/Dunn/Stuart/Ewels/McInally). This should be a really tight contest but in particular West Vs Stuart which will be fascinating as they are mates. Always found it invigorating but funny packing down opposite a mate.

Reckon we might see a similar squad to that of Exeter/Sale. Bath are a big physical team and will use their forward pack a lot. Reckon we might see some lucky in Le Boug/Odogwu vs Redpath/Joseph, as Redpath still young man learning his way and Odogwu runs hard.