Always a Wasp

Author Topic: Weak Chiefs team  (Read 2359 times)

hookender

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
Re: Weak Chiefs team
« Reply #15 on: January 03, 2021, 04:13:37 PM »
Remember Lee took gamble of resting all our internationals and others in one go to avoid putting out a number of weakened  sides.
 This ,plus choice of putting youngsters in as well to get full choice of squad , puts him in  terms of game management above RB obe et al.

Heathen

• View Profile
« Reply #16 on: January 03, 2021, 05:21:09 PM »
Personally I found Exeter's attitude to yesterday's game and resting players a bit baffling. I get the argument that they can't win every game but ultimately they lost to a side likely to be battling them at the end of the season  and gave them 5 league points, a week after playing the side who are currently twelfth. If they struggle during the 6 Nations, that could really come back to bite them in June.

I think Lee is getting the squad management absolutely spot on at the moment. I get the impression from what the players post on social media that we are training less, but with more direction and intensity. As a result the players look a lot less tired compared to other clubs. Whether this change is the result of limiting potential exposure to Covid or a planned change by Pete Atkinson I am not sure, but this throwback to the Gatland era produced one of our most dominant displays since he left the the club.

And the most frightening thing is when you think of the players to come back in to the squad, I really think we're only 55-60% of the way to fulfilling our potential.

David, I agree 110%

hookender

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: January 08, 2021, 02:49:35 PM »
Exeter have made 5 changes to their side to face Bristol this week , bringing back Cowan-Dickie ,Williams,
Hill in the forwards and Slade in the centre. The going with a new bod at 15 Walsh.

I personally feel the way we played , they wouldn’t have made much difference to end result if they had been included last week , maybe might not have got a fifth try.