Always a Wasp

Author Topic: 6N - The French Gov Demands  (Read 3179 times)

Rifleman Harris

• Wasps Rugby Fan and MND Runner
    • View Profile
Re: 6N - The French Gov Demands
« Reply #15 on: January 13, 2021, 01:33:00 PM »
I didn't see that, but they are correct.

Bloke in North Dorset

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: January 13, 2021, 01:48:28 PM »
As we've gone OT:

There's a good thread here on how Israel has achieved its vaccine roll out success. One of the ways they were the first to authorise 6 doses instead of 5 plus they vaccinated anyone who came along at the end of the day if they had any vaccine left. There's a lot more to it though.

https://twitter.com/i/web/status/1348599933650296832

TBF, much easier for a small country with a high proportion of its population having ahd some military training.

hopwood

« Reply #17 on: January 13, 2021, 02:09:09 PM »
Also easier considering their current climate and weather in Israel.
Queuing in near zero temperatures to get a left-over vaccination at the end of the day becomes a bit more problematic.
Or even queuing throughout the day full stop.

The one thing I have come to terms with throughout this pandemic is that there are no right answers and solutions.
There's nothing that is black and white.
What's right for one group will wrong for another.
There are just shades of grey and scientists, politicians and everyone in the medical world are doing the best job they can with the resources, knowledge, logistics, personnel available...that they can. 

You can't please everyone.
You can't save everyone.
All you can do is choose to ignore as much sensationalist mainstream media as possible, accept everyone has conflicting views...and just have compassion and understanding for those around you...and those trying to get us out of the predicament as quickly as they can (which does NOT include the media).

Rossm

• Hey, Slow Down.
    • View Profile
SLAVA UKRAINI!
HEROYAM SLAVA!

hookender

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: January 13, 2021, 03:11:39 PM »
Illuminating article in The Guardian.

https://www.theguardian.com/world/2021/jan/03/palestinians-excluded-from-israeli-covid-vaccine-rollout-as-jabs-go-to-settlers

Bet similar position in other countries too. Kurds for instance and those Muslims in China

Skippy

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: January 13, 2021, 04:18:34 PM »
I wouldn’t put it past the Chinese to have run early trials of their vaccines in the concentration camps.

Rifleman Harris

• View Profile
« Reply #21 on: January 13, 2021, 04:29:44 PM »
Illuminating article in The Guardian.

https://www.theguardian.com/world/2021/jan/03/palestinians-excluded-from-israeli-covid-vaccine-rollout-as-jabs-go-to-settlers

Bet similar position in other countries too. Kurds for instance and those Muslims in China

I'll wait and see who is de-prioritised here before casting aspersions.

Rifleman Harris

• View Profile
« Reply #22 on: January 14, 2021, 09:32:59 AM »
The talk of delaying time between doses also seems to have gone by the wayside. People that I know have had first jab and are being told to keep with original time to get second.

That's because there has been no clinical trials doing that so nobody knows if it will work or not. There was also talk of mixing and matching different vaccines.  I really hope that they have dropped that idea as nobody knows if it will work or even if that's safe or not.

I thought I read that the Approvals Committee stated that this would not happen.

I've just found out that the MHRA changed the approvals for the vaccines to allow the second dose to occur 'at least 21 days after the first dose'.  This allows them to give the second dose after 12 weeks. Apparently it's not unusual for this to happen.

Peej

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: January 14, 2021, 10:03:39 AM »
They also need to take a look at the their vaccine rollout progress — around 140,000 to date — and ask themselves why they insisted that such a huge chunk of the EU’s billion-or-so dose first phase order went to Sanofi given that it never had any real chance of being one of the early vaccines to market.

The French Govt. is well known for procuring from French companies. My neighbours in France tell that the whole pandemic management is a disaster. (I know Boris is trying to take that mantle but UK is doing far better than France).

I chaired a PPG meeting last night for our Medical Centre. Vaccination Hub at Adams Park is 100% ready and staffed. One problem - they have only received 2 x 975 doses of Pfizer and do not know when they will get any more. Is it a manufacturing capability or logistics problem? Listening to Brigadier Phil Prosser who leads 101 Logistics Brigade, this morning, who is tasked with getting deliveries to point of use asap, I cannot believe it is a distribution problem.

The NHS hierarchy decide where it goes. Quite what logic they are using is another matter.

From a military friend it appears to be manufacturing quantities that are the problem - as soon as they are boxed they are moving. Apparently the NHS directs which area they should go to. Also to be fair on the much maligned buffoon he has only ever said the numbers are an aspiration (a target if you will). When you look at the numbers we as a country are achieving and compare it to other countries close by we should be fairly pleased.

He definitely has form for saying this is the target and then rapidly rowing back on it within 24-48 hours. Which is what is killing public confidence in every other utterance and decree