Always a Wasp

Author Topic: What a diffrence a year makes.  (Read 1123 times)

Heathen

• View Profile
What a diffrence a year makes.
« on: January 18, 2021, 08:11:48 AM »
https://www.coventrytelegraph.net/sport/rugby/wasps-rugby-news-bordeaux-begles-19644710

I love this one liner that is quoted from Barney :

"There's a whiff of doom about this place," said Barney Burnham, a Wasps diehard who has been through good times and bad long before I had picked up a pen.

hookender

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
Re: What a diffrence a year makes.
« Reply #1 on: January 18, 2021, 01:30:03 PM »
The stat about only winning 19 in 54 games to that game shows how it was going at that time.

Shugs

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 18, 2021, 02:59:44 PM »
Even more credit to Blackett and team given that the turnaround has been achieved with essentially the same squad albeit some academy players have stepped up in addition. We're now in a completely different place.

Rory87

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 18, 2021, 03:20:01 PM »
I’ll hold my hand up, I was convinced we would be relegated and we were on a relentless decline with no signs of regaining our form and magic.... However, Lee and the squad have proved me wrong and shown that the belief shouldn’t be lost so easily.

I also think it shows how fickle we are as fans. If you were to check this board 12 months ago about the opinions of the coaching team and Lee, the notable majority were all calling for his head and how Dai needed to have a clear out. How Lee was out of ideas and our attacking magic had come from Cips, not Lee.