Always a Wasp

Author Topic: Wuss predictions!  (Read 2266 times)

Raggs

• Global Moderator
  • Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
Wuss predictions!
« on: September 10, 2017, 06:47:45 AM »
17 - 42

I'm thinking big!  But that 17 will be disappointing, since Wuss weren't doing well and we cost ourselves some points, nonetheless, our attack still looked sharp and set piece was reasonably solid.  Willis got 25 minutes from the bench since we were in control, and put in a great performance.

Now watch my predictions go completely wrong!

ElliesBoss

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
Re: Wuss predictions!
« Reply #1 on: September 10, 2017, 09:33:25 AM »
Should win this one but by how much I think will depend on the weather. Worst case scenario could be heavy rain all game. We shall see.

Vespula Vulgaris

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 10, 2017, 09:26:46 PM »
I didn't get to watch that game, but saw the score. Can anyone summarise for me?
Please consider supporting the forum in 2022! Donate Here

Raggs

• Global Moderator
  • Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 11, 2017, 04:48:26 AM »
Started sunny, we just missed some chances.  Rain came in hard.  Became a lot closer.  Defence looked fairly good but Teo was very tough to stop and targeted Cips a lot, who couldn't stop him.  Their tighthead went down in 25 seconds with a broken ankle, poor bugger.  We dominated the scrums from there on in, winning a penalty on our put in every single time, apart from the time we were 5m out, when Foley decided we thought we'd cheat and gave the pen against us, David Flatman was less than impressed with that decision (as I imagine was every Wasps supporter, and most neutrals).   We scored fairly early, Wuss came back to bring it to 10-10 and miss a pen to go ahead.  Then as usual we rallied well in the final 15/20 and scored another 2 tries, and looked potentially going for a 3rd (the penalty try from the scrum we deserved would have been a bit earlier, and likely given us the time we needed).

Refereeing was poor regardless, thankfully he just about ended up with the right choice denying them a try for obstruction, shame since it was a good move and the obstruction may not have been necessary.