Always a Wasp

Author Topic: Joe Launch Injury News. Tom West Replaces Marler in England Squad.  (Read 5995 times)

Rossm

• Hey, Slow Down.
    • View Profile
Re: Joe Launch Injury News. Tom West Replaces Marler in England Squad.
« Reply #15 on: January 25, 2021, 03:17:26 PM »
Lee Blackett explains what Tom West will bring to England Rugby squad

Bobby Bridge reports:

https://www.coventrytelegraph.net/sport/rugby/england-rugby-squad-tom-west-19695944
SLAVA UKRAINI!
HEROYAM SLAVA!

WonkyWasp

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: January 25, 2021, 03:26:48 PM »
.... and Weaty is one of the nicest people you could wish to meet.

welsh wasp

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: January 25, 2021, 03:30:39 PM »
Why did Marler decide to withdraw after the squad had been announced rather than before. Jones will become even more fed up with his coming and going about playing for England.

Hymenoptera

• Trevor Leotas Twin
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: January 25, 2021, 03:38:59 PM »
Why did Marler decide to withdraw after the squad had been announced rather than before. Jones will become even more fed up with his coming and going about playing for England.
So as to maintain being the center of attention, keep feeding the media beast...ensure everyone has to speak about Joe
As for West, chasing down Priestland for half the field in front of EJ won't have done his chances any harm...it was impressive desire by a prop.

maire23

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: January 25, 2021, 03:47:31 PM »
I’m so proud and happy I could burst! (To those of you who don’t know I used to sponsor Tom for both the seasons he was on loan at Nottingham- and I’ve followed his progress closely since) I know how hard he’s worked for this and I’m so chuffed for him it’s unreal.
On the flip side I wish Joe a speedy recovery. Big loss to both Wasps and England.

Steve from Cov

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: January 25, 2021, 04:04:55 PM »
I’m so proud and happy I could burst! (To those of you who don’t know I used to sponsor Tom for both the seasons he was on loan at Nottingham- and I’ve followed his progress closely since) I know how hard he’s worked for this and I’m so chuffed for him it’s unreal.
On the flip side I wish Joe a speedy recovery. Big loss to both Wasps and England.

You must be delighted. Congratulations!

baldpaul101

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: January 25, 2021, 04:20:42 PM »
Gutted for Launch, he's in the form of his life & looked to have nailed down his England spot.

Shugs

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: January 25, 2021, 04:50:01 PM »
Yes, gutted for him. Blackett mentioned an artificial pitch and that it may have aggravated it. I know it's difficult in frosty weather but I'd avoid artificial surfaces as far as is humanly possible. I don't like them at all.

HCWasp

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: January 25, 2021, 06:04:14 PM »
Massive congratulations to the Wasps coaching team for the development of and opportunities given to all these fantastic young players now getting wider recognition!

WonkyWasp

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: January 25, 2021, 06:16:13 PM »
Maire - our family know exactly how you feel!!!  I sponsored Westy for about 2 weeks but when Mr Wonky, our daughter and I met him at the BBQ  Tom and Jenny got on so well (our daughter is married to a dairy farmer and Tom is from a farming family) discussing farming and Brexit and rugby etc  that they almost forgot to go for their lunch.  So Chris and I re-arranged for the sponsorship  to be held by Jenny - who couldn't believe her luck!  I was then fortunate  enough to be able to  sponsor Will Porter.  So - yes Maire!  -  there is another 2 families as chuffed and PROUD as you!

Steve from Cov

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: January 25, 2021, 06:55:55 PM »
Maire - our family know exactly how you feel!!!  I sponsored Westy for about 2 weeks but when Mr Wonky, our daughter and I met him at the BBQ  Tom and Jenny got on so well (our daughter is married to a dairy farmer and Tom is from a farming family) discussing farming and Brexit and rugby etc  that they almost forgot to go for their lunch.  So Chris and I re-arranged for the sponsorship  to be held by Jenny - who couldn't believe her luck!  I was then fortunate  enough to be able to  sponsor Will Porter.  So - yes Maire!  -  there is another 2 families as chuffed and PROUD as you!

Congratulations to you too wonky!

WonkyWasp

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: January 25, 2021, 07:18:35 PM »
Thank  you- from us  all     :) :) :) :) :)

maire23

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: January 25, 2021, 11:25:05 PM »

Congrats to you too Wonky and family! What a great story. I will cheerfully admit I don’t know the first thing about farming so our conversations were a bit more mundane :D

COYW15

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: January 26, 2021, 01:06:02 PM »
J. Willis now called up after Underhill withdraws due to hip injury.

backdoc

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: January 26, 2021, 11:43:20 PM »
So as to maintain being the center of attention, keep feeding the media beast...ensure everyone has to speak about Joe
As for West, chasing down Priestland for half the field in front of EJ won't have done his chances any harm...it was impressive desire by a prop.

I understand that Marler's wife is expecting their 4th child, so she would have to look after the other 3 by herself whilst he is in the camp.