Always a Wasp

Author Topic: Morning all!  (Read 1688 times)

Wombles

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
Morning all!
« on: January 31, 2021, 07:05:44 AM »
Good morning to all Waspies from a very quiet Guildford. I have just started my pre match ritual of coffee and rugby paper, the hound will get his walk later before we settle down to watch our lads take on Quins sans Gustard.

The 2 weeks hiatus from rugby has ended, and every day we get that little bit closer to our stadiums opening their doors once more for us all to pour through in eager anticipation to support our clubs. Todays game however is hard to call. If Gustard was still at the helm i would have us as favourites, but will his absence lead to an uptick in performance from the lads from South London? There is a tantalising unknown to this. We ourselves are missing some key leaders and performers with Jack, Joe and Alfie unavailable through injury and international call ups. Paulo has been hitting his straps, but having malaki back is a relief indeed. But his return from injury means that he will not have full match fitness.

Perhaps what promises to be a close contest needs just that little edge to tilt the scales in our favour, and that may well come from our little Alex on the bench, subs need to give an impact and I have a feeling ours definitely will.

Now lets go get that win!

Come on you Wasps!!!

Alex Alex Alex, Wasps, Wasps, Wasps!!!

Chris

Once a Wasp ALWAYS a Wasp!

Neils

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
Re: Morning all!
« Reply #1 on: January 31, 2021, 07:32:49 AM »
Morning All

Very still red sky out at the moment. At least the wind has died down but for dog walking it is beyond muddy under foot - oh for some weeks of deep frost!

Kind of worried about today and hope our lads can step up against a, probably, bouncing Quins having got rid of their disliked coach. If the Ricoh pitch is anywhere as wet as the Tigers yesterday it could be a lottery. Decided it is a cider weekend to end dry Jan so got a number of very strange ones to sample - hopefully slowly.

COYW
Let me tell you something cucumber

coddy

• Wasps Rugby Supporter
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 31, 2021, 07:36:10 AM »
Morning Wombles, morning all.

Ive just climbed back into bed with a coffee ready to read the days news before getting a sledgehammer to the weather worn and somewhat sorry looking brick BBQ in our back garden.
As Wombles as said with Quins departing with their DoR, our absent players and the two week rest it's a hard game to call.

COYW

coddy

• Wasps Rugby Supporter
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 31, 2021, 07:40:56 AM »
Decided it is a cider weekend to end dry Jan so got a number of very strange ones to sample - hopefully slowly.

COYW
[/quote]

Sorry to be the bearer of bad news Neils but its still January!!

Bloke in North Dorset

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 31, 2021, 07:40:59 AM »
Morning all. Still a bit dark here in very muddy North Dorset so my walk will be confined to the country lanes, how boring.

I'm also a bit worried about this one. Beware the wounded beast in the form of a bunch of players who now have a point to prove.

Whilst I'm hoping for a win I'm also hoping that its going to be a better game than the dreary Glaws v Saints match that I passed some time watching yesterday.

I'm looking forward to see how new young signing performs, probably the most important part of this match when all things considered.

COYW

Heathen

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 31, 2021, 08:29:40 AM »
Morning all.

Sun is rising on a chilly South Bucks. At least the dog walk should be dry this morning.

Bookies still have us at 1/2 and Quins at 2/1. My gutfeel says that the game will be close and could get to squeaky bum time in the last quarter. The performance of the 9/10 axis on both sides could be key.

We are 5W on the bounce. Just hope the two week break has not taken the edge off of our momentum.

For me, the JTA/Marler contest will be fascinating!!

#COTW.

NellyWellyWaspy

• Getting older a couple of minutes every day
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 31, 2021, 08:32:19 AM »
Morning All.

Just woken up to find the house in disarray as the cats have obviously had an all night party.

Sky outside has some weird streaky clouds in front of blue skies. Looks cold.

Feeling good about today. With a few fresh faces in the team, some players wanting to put their name in the hat for the first pick player in their shirt number.

Neils

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: January 31, 2021, 08:52:00 AM »
Decided it is a cider weekend to end dry Jan so got a number of very strange ones to sample - hopefully slowly.

COYW

Sorry to be the bearer of bad news Neils but its still January!!
[/quote]

No it's not as the hangover will be in February.
Let me tell you something cucumber

Shugs

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: January 31, 2021, 08:54:37 AM »
Morning all. Could be tight but this team constantly surprises so it's equally possible we'll blow Quins away. Carrying momentum through weeks of not playing can be hard - I think having Fekitoa back on the field is a big thing for us.

Brandnewtorugby

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: January 31, 2021, 09:11:18 AM »
Morning all, best wishes to you and yours.

Lockdown weekends are so much better with rugby. Enjoyed the games so far this weekend, Bristol looking brutal.

Amazing looking team especially considering the injuries and call ups. How great to have the depth of players where it is genuinely hard to call the order of players. On top of that Lee has managed to get Alex into the team, what a scoop, I think he could be the difference.

There is also some serious experience and talent in the Quins team that also like to play. Looking forward to all the subplots, Porter and Care, Umaga and Smith, perhaps most of all the Marler and JTA verbal battle! No doubt it is primed to be an excellent game, here's hoping it is.

May the best team on the day win, come on you wasps.

Take care,
Notso

MarleyWasp

« Reply #10 on: January 31, 2021, 09:16:25 AM »
Morning All from Hertfordshire. Really looking forward to today's game and the chance to watch Wasps after 2 weekends without a match. Quins will be tough to break down but I'm really excited by the team we have out today. Should be a cracking match.

WonkyWasp

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: January 31, 2021, 09:26:34 AM »
Good morning everyone.  It's cold but dry here; the mountain has a slight dusting of icing sugar on the top and was orange and scarlet from a fantastic sun-rise.  Amazing.  I hope our team is equally amazing tho' it could be very close thing; it depends on the psychology of the Hairyqueens.  We seem to have got the  measure of Marler some time ago (after the water throwing episode) by simply ignoring his rudeness and laughing at him. He seems to hate that! Gets really riled; he can hand it out but can't take it.  Keep your cool. team -  leave the winding up to  Jeff.  Good luck Wasps - don't forget the ultimate weapon that we have .....  ALEX.  Safe journeys to everyone wherever you may be; I might be behind the settee as per.  Allez Allez Allez             C O Y W .......................

Rossm

• Hey, Slow Down.
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: January 31, 2021, 09:35:36 AM »
Morning all. Pleasant but cold in Hastings. I would normally call this one for us but gusset-less Quins - who knows? An early score for us and they might crack. Looking forward to seeing Malakai back. After injury, I would have preferred him to come off the bench but I trust our coaches. Now JTA and Marley - I hope the ref's mike is turned up high  :)
SLAVA UKRAINI!
HEROYAM SLAVA!

andermt

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: January 31, 2021, 10:00:30 AM »
Morning from a frozen Cov, looking forward to this, Quinn’s always seem a bogey team and having lost a number of key players to 6nations duty or injury it’s good to see a few coming back.

Marler always on a windup will be interesting to see if Jeff gets under his skin. Perhaps they should put the picture of Marler in his beauty and the beast dress up in the dressing room.

Rossm

• Hey, Slow Down.
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: January 31, 2021, 10:17:04 AM »
Kit list for this afternoon (thanks to KPP of shedweb) click to enlarge: Apart from Mr Goodwin, it is interesting to see our travelling reserves.

SLAVA UKRAINI!
HEROYAM SLAVA!