Always a Wasp

Author Topic: SISU appeal granted  (Read 2963 times)

Raggs

• Global Moderator
  • Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
SISU appeal granted
« on: September 15, 2017, 06:19:16 PM »

NellyWellyWaspy

• Getting older a couple of minutes every day
    • View Profile
Re: SISU appeal granted
« Reply #1 on: September 15, 2017, 06:39:06 PM »
Great. Just what we needed. Now another 3 months to wait for a hearing date. That makes it Christmas, so early January. They will lose, then ask for permission to appeal that. They will be denied, so they will appeal that, and then another 2 months to hear that appeal to be able to appeal. That will be agreed, then it will go to the Supreme Court in late 2018 if we are lucky. I doubt whether it will all be settled until 2019.

Gaz

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 15, 2017, 08:04:17 PM »
Crazy. CCFC need to move on from this but SISU are intent on dragging it out.

I can't see that SISU will end up with anything out of this. If the court finds Cov City Council to have knowingly undervalued then that is an issue of public account and they are accountable to tax payers, DCLG and Parliament.

I doubt there is precedent for making the purchaser meet the shortfall unless it can be found that Wasps were part of a collusion so of they win this proving collusion would be the next stage.

ElliesBoss

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 16, 2017, 08:50:33 AM »
Seems to me it's getting close to a case of malicious litigation by SISU. If they lose this appeal I think they'd find it hard to continue much further.

Dgwasp

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 16, 2017, 09:07:47 AM »
Proving malicious litigation would be tough.  This news is very sad for me as I have a few friends who are Sky Blues supporters and I rather naively hoped for an outcome that suited both clubs.

I can only hope that the accounts due to be released in October are hitting all the conditions and that this new chap that has been brought in can obtain some lucrative sponsorship/stadium usage deals to offset losing the football club as tenants.

I know the chances of Wasps coming out on the wrong side of this are slight, however there is always a freak possibility.

Sent from my E6653 using Tapatalk

NellyWellyWaspy

• Getting older a couple of minutes every day
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 16, 2017, 10:12:08 AM »
It does, unless Wasps decide to rise above the standard set by SiSU, make it far more likely that the Sky Blues will not have a ground to play at next season. Sadly, it seems that SiSU actually want to destroy CCFC.

Vespula Vulgaris

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 16, 2017, 10:23:38 AM »
If the judgement does go against us we can always appeal 8 times in a row...
Please consider supporting the forum in 2022! Donate Here