Always a Wasp

Author Topic: OT: Covid Vaccination Question.  (Read 2205 times)

Heathen

• View Profile
Re: OT: Covid Vaccination Question.
« Reply #15 on: February 01, 2021, 10:40:34 PM »
Sorry to have to ask this on here but there does not appear to be any help line for this and my GP won't/can't help.

My wife is classified as clinically extremely vulnerable and is cared/shielded by me. I am not classified as extremely vulnerable. Why then have I had a letter inviting me to make an appointment for a vaccination and she has heard nothing (to date). I thought that she would have been contacted before me.

Hi Ross,

Pamela and I have appointments this week at Adams Park for the vaccinations. I am in the over 70 cohort and Pamela whilst not quite 70, is in the CEV cohort. We both received texts within seconds of each other last Thursday, from our Medical Centre, with a link to book our vaccinations.

As a general rule, the CEV cohort will not be invited until they have vaccinated all the over 75s. This may well be the reason, that in your area, the CEVs have not yet received their invitations.

I am close to the info, as I am Chairman of the PPG (Patient Participation Group) at our Medical Centre. The ARC PCN - Patient Care Network of which our Medical Centre is part, are on course to have completed everyone eligible for the fisrt 4 cohorts and CEVs on, or before the Feb 14 date that the Govt have as a desired completion date.

I still think that there is every chance that your wife will get her invite this week.

Cheers,

John.
« Last Edit: February 01, 2021, 10:42:17 PM by Heathen »

Rossm

• Hey, Slow Down.
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: February 01, 2021, 10:55:43 PM »
Thanks everyone for your replies. I now think she will hear sooner rather than later and, if possible, I'll book us both appointments together. After all, I'm her driver, so it makes sense - at least to me :)

Best wishes,
Ross
SLAVA UKRAINI!
HEROYAM SLAVA!

Bloke in North Dorset

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: February 02, 2021, 10:45:51 AM »
Sorry to have to ask this on here but there does not appear to be any help line for this and my GP won't/can't help.

My wife is classified as clinically extremely vulnerable and is cared/shielded by me. I am not classified as extremely vulnerable. Why then have I had a letter inviting me to make an appointment for a vaccination and she has heard nothing (to date). I thought that she would have been contacted before me.
I suspect its about patient confidentiality, they take it very seriously.

A few years ago my GP was prescribing something for me and I mentioned my wife was on it. He said he couldn't even acknowledge she was registered at the practice.