Always a Wasp

Author Topic: Morning all!  (Read 7599 times)

Raggs

• Global Moderator
  • Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
Morning all!
« on: September 17, 2017, 07:19:31 AM »
Morning folks!

I'm up very late for me, after my now failing phone decides to change the time. Lucky I work from home on Sundays, so not exactly late for work, but going to not finish until much later than planned!

Excited for this one, not hugely confident, but love the backline.  Let's keep the Fortress Ricoh record.

ElliesBoss

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
Re: Morning all!
« Reply #1 on: September 17, 2017, 07:46:23 AM »
Morning Raggs. Long weekend in the caravan near Banbury. Weather pretty grey at the moment. We've got a borrowed dog so I shall be taking him for walkies and returning to the van where hopefully Mrs Boss will have a fry up on the go. Travelling by train to the Ricoh so hopefully will miss this cycling thing. Anything could happen today rugby wise. All teams are on fire. It's looking like we might have rain during the match but if it stays dry I think we'll nick this one. COYW

NellyWellyWaspy

• Getting older a couple of minutes every day
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 17, 2017, 08:04:55 AM »
Morning ElliesBoss and Raggs.

Been up for ages, but just the old PC on. The weather forecast last night had South Warwickshire to have a frost, but in fact it is well above a frost. I have just watched the latest weather forecast and that shows the cloud clearing slowly towards midday with a slight NE breeze. In fact, there is only the slightest of cloud with blue already showing through and no breeze at all. Could be a good day for a game. With Sarries getting a win and no TBP in the USA snoozefest, Wasps have the chance to pull away from the other teams here today and show the world some class. Feeling good about this, #COYW

Raggs

• Global Moderator
  • Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 17, 2017, 08:09:24 AM »
We've had a pretty easy fixture list so far, which is nice, since it allows us to build into our patterns, and hopefully get over the hump of injuries a bit! Next week away to chiefs however... unfortunately I see that one as a loss, and can't see much else!

Vespula Vulgaris

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 17, 2017, 08:34:14 AM »
Good Morning Raggs, ElliesBoss, and NellyWellyWaspy,

It's a bit overcast down here in Hapmshire and looks like rain.  I hope it's better up in Cov.  I was up nice and early as I was supposed to be wrestling but my training partner cried off so I'm sat watching TV with the kids.  Sadly I am committed to a garden party this afternoon so I will be following online where I can.

My head says we should have this in the bag.  But there is a part of me that is concerned it may be Quins' turn to pull a surprise out of the bag.  That being said if the 9-10-12-13 axis comes anything like close to its potential then it will be a thing to behold.

I suspect the battle for us will be in the set piece.  If we can negate their front row we'll be just fine.

#COYW
Please consider supporting the forum in 2022! Donate Here

Harry the wasp

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 17, 2017, 08:38:54 AM »
Morning all. A little overcast here in Lichfield, Staffs. Looking forward to an early trip to the Ricoh and a couple of beers before the game as not driving today. Just realised that my lucky socks are in the wash. Hope that isn't an omen. Let's get a win and I can throw those old socks away!
Only supporting teams beginning with a W.

Waspie Pat

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 17, 2017, 08:48:48 AM »
Good morning from a misty Cambridgeshire. Lots to do this morning before heading to the Ricoh
Let next doors chucks out
Walk the hound
Check my chums Dexter herd in 2 locations on my bike
Fill the slow cooker with beef in black bean sauce
Cut sausage flan to take to the game making sure John G gets the largest peice
Pick up a fellow Waspie who will sit in the front with Pete and chew over the team
Do we know who is on the Q&A in the Clubhouse today?
COYW

RogerE

• Old Wasps Player (Not saying which team and when!)
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: September 17, 2017, 08:57:21 AM »
Woke up realising that today I am officially OLD. Looking forward to taking the family up to the Ricoh for a birthday treat in hospitality. Leaving Prestwood at about 10:30.

Hard to believe that it was 60 years ago today I saw my first ever Wasps match!

Just a reminder - avoid the Coventry city ring road today - cycling event with major road closures.

Might affect buses from the station as well.

Vespula Vulgaris

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: September 17, 2017, 08:59:47 AM »
Woke up realising that today I am officially OLD. Looking forward to taking the family up to the Ricoh for a birthday treat in hospitality. Leaving Prestwood at about 10:30.

Hard to believe that it was 60 years ago today I saw my first ever Wasps match!

Just a reminder - avoid the Coventry city ring road today - cycling event with major road closures.

Might affect buses from the station as well.

Happy Birthday Roger! I hope the team get you a nice 5 points as a pressie!
Please consider supporting the forum in 2022! Donate Here

Rossm

• Hey, Slow Down.
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: September 17, 2017, 09:31:01 AM »
Good morning all from a foggy Hastings. Yes, VV, our props could be up against it with Quins having two Lions. Article in the Guardian this morning touches on the same subject.

https://www.theguardian.com/sport/2017/sep/16/dai-young-wasps-forwards-harlequins-lions-ashley-johnson

I expect Elliot will be raring to go. Hope he's shaken off the rust in training. Needs to be on top form today as I recollect he had a poor game against Joe Marchant last season.
SLAVA UKRAINI!
HEROYAM SLAVA!

Brandnewtorugby

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: September 17, 2017, 09:45:04 AM »
Morning all, best wishes to you and yours and happy birthday Roger.

Catching up on jobs in the house before friends visit next weekend. On paper it isn't possible to finnish in time so I may as well enjoy the dog walk coffee and paper before the game this afternoon.

Today we see what our strength in depth is like, I fancy they will do well. If they do we will really add some complexity to our team that teams will struggle to work out and plan for.

I am not worried about kicking now, we have some great kickers. Some of the discussions would have you think certain players will miss every kick.

May the best team win, but you know, COME ON YOU WASPS!

Not so

Gaz

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: September 17, 2017, 09:55:07 AM »
Morning everyone and happy birthday Roger!

Choosing to stay at home today because of the F1 so this is the downside of having so many matches televised. Still, it'll give me time to attempt to remove a rounded hex bolt from the rear calliper on my bike - cheers local Triumph dealership!

Funny how oppo fans say things like 'the Ricoh always seems to bring the worst out of our defence', and 'Wade always seems to play well against us'. You are not the only team to suffer those when playing Wasps.

Wasps are a good team, we will lose some but we will win most so stay confident and be happy folks whatever the outcome.

Wasps by 10. COYW!

Raggs

• Global Moderator
  • Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: September 17, 2017, 09:56:54 AM »
Happy birthday Roger!

Strength in depth really tested for this whole season, first backrow, now lock.  I just hope it doesn't go any deeper at hooker, lock, scrum half or fly half!

20 wins on the trot at the Ricoh in the AP, that's almost 2 seasons worth of fixtures, and I don't remember losing too many before the Sarries loss either.  It really has been a fortress.

Stig

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: September 17, 2017, 10:45:32 AM »
Morning to all from a sometimes sunny and sometimes very grey Wexford! Also a very happy birthday Roger!
This is my first time posting on a forum of any kind. I've been a frequent reader of posts on the drunken wasps site for the last 10+ years, but never contributed. Guess I've just been very shy!

I'll be heading up to Dublin shortly to put on my Wasps top and settle down in front of the box. I'm not sure about this one myself, but whenever I'm not confident the boys perform and when I am, well they don't.

I've had my freshly brewed coffee and have thought about walking the hound, but she just lifted her head and gave me the look that she is taking it easy today.

Thanks Raggs and VV, and any others, for starting this forum. I shall try and be a little more sociable from now on.

Stig aka Stewart

NellyWellyWaspy

• Getting older a couple of minutes every day
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: September 17, 2017, 10:55:21 AM »
I will be setting off in a bit accompanied by young miss NWW for her first home game of the season (she can't make Saturday games). Will be collecting NWW senior and brother on the way. Let's hope the clubhouse 'experience' is better this week. After the last game, the £60 each investment didn't seem such a good choice.