Always a Wasp

Author Topic: Unpredictability of the league  (Read 2643 times)

Raggs

• Global Moderator
  • Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
Unpredictability of the league
« on: September 17, 2017, 12:41:24 PM »
We've had Bath beating Sarries, Sarries whooping Saints who go on to convincingly beat Tigers and Bath, Glaws taking down Chiefs, but also losing to Tigers and Quins (who lost to Irish).

The craziest thing is these games mostly haven't been close things, but often one team has looked dominant over the other.  It's looking very much like a consistently performing side could do well this season, let's hope it's us!

Equally, after wobbly starts, you could say that now Sarries, Bath, Saints, Exeter, Quins and Tigers are all looking strong...

coddy

• Wasps Rugby Supporter
    • View Profile
Re: Unpredictability of the league
« Reply #1 on: September 17, 2017, 02:03:30 PM »
Yes it has been a unpredictable first 3 weekends and so far Wasps have been unaffected.

Nevertheless it's hard not to see Wasps, Chiefs and Sarries battling for the top two places at season end and Warriers and Irish scrapping to avoid relegation.

NellyWellyWaspy

• Getting older a couple of minutes every day
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 17, 2017, 06:53:04 PM »
Somebody spoke too soon.

We didn't lose that though, Quins won it (Kudos to them for that). I doubt Cips will be fit next week. This week Cips to Gaby, Gaby to Daly did not really work.

Raggs

• Global Moderator
  • Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 18, 2017, 09:30:48 AM »
I thought the 10/12/13 worked well myself, need to rewatch though.

NellyWellyWaspy

• Getting older a couple of minutes every day
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 18, 2017, 10:16:04 AM »
The ball went down the line OK, but to no effect. Often we drifted, or drove into multiple tacklers with no offload. The idea is not to get the ball to the winger at any cost. It is to keep stretching the defence until the 13 + winger have forwards covering them, and then go through or around them. Or to get the ball to the winger who has room to go around. Passing to the winger when you are five to ten metres from touch is pointless, unless the winger is the overlap. Even then, you have to force the cover to focus on you, and not the overlap player.

Raggs

• Global Moderator
  • Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 18, 2017, 10:27:16 AM »
Speed of ball is what creates defensive mishaps, and we lacked that at times due to Joe organising everyone.  Meh, a rewatch will help me decide.