Always a Wasp

Author Topic: Jack Update  (Read 2092 times)

Neils

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
Jack Update
« on: February 16, 2021, 01:34:05 PM »
Jack Willis injury updates LIVE from Wasps media session: 'Significant knee ligament and cartilage injury'

https://www.coventrytelegraph.net/sport/rugby/jack-willis-injury-england-rugby-19849359#ICID=Android_CoventryTelegraphNewsApp_AppShare
Let me tell you something cucumber

Rifleman Harris

• Wasps Rugby Fan and MND Runner
    • View Profile
Re: Jack Update
« Reply #1 on: February 16, 2021, 01:45:45 PM »
The quote that stood out for me is where he says they will know more when in settles down in the next 10 - 14 weeks!  It is certainly going to be a long absence if they are thinking it may take nearly 4 months just to settle down...unless it is a misprint and they mean 10 - 14 days which is the time period they are suggesting for surgery.
« Last Edit: February 16, 2021, 01:48:48 PM by Rifleman Harris »

hookender

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 16, 2021, 01:50:06 PM »
The quote that stood out for me is where he says they will know more when in settles down in the next 10 - 14 weeks!  It is certainly going to be a long absence if they are thinking it may take nearly 4 months just to settle down...unless it is a misprint and they mean 10 - 14 days which is the time period they are suggesting for surgery.

It says days !

Heathen

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 16, 2021, 01:50:39 PM »

It is indeed 10-14 days!

Rifleman Harris

• Wasps Rugby Fan and MND Runner
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 16, 2021, 01:54:01 PM »

It is indeed 10-14 days!

I saw the first quote at the start of the coverage and it said 10 - 14 weeks and my first thought was 'poor bloke that must be an awful mess'. Luckily as you say there is a later quote saying 10 - 14 days...phew!!   

Shugs

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 16, 2021, 04:56:47 PM »
Not sure if Lee's emphasis on how serious it is is just to temper expectations or because he fears the worst - or maybe he just doesn't really know yet.

Neils

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 16, 2021, 05:14:32 PM »
Not sure if Lee's emphasis on how serious it is is just to temper expectations or because he fears the worst - or maybe he just doesn't really know yet.

Hopefully the latter.

Covkid40

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: February 16, 2021, 07:05:36 PM »
I know Jack will do everything to get back ASAP but if it is as serious as made out let’s just forget about the rest of this season and hope he recovers then gets a good preseason and comes back firing on all cylinders. With young shields Morris and Alfie back in the bit to distant future we will get by

Rossm

• Hey, Slow Down.
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: February 16, 2021, 07:09:16 PM »
I know Jack will do everything to get back ASAP but if it is as serious as made out let’s just forget about the rest of this season and hope he recovers then gets a good preseason and comes back firing on all cylinders. With young shields Morris and Alfie back in the bit to distant future we will get by

Don't forget Gaby and Jamma.
SLAVA UKRAINI!
HEROYAM SLAVA!

Covkid40

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: February 16, 2021, 08:06:41 PM »
I’d rather we gave Curran some game time rather than Jamma. Let’s look to the future not square pegs in round holes

Horusthewasp

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: February 16, 2021, 08:17:27 PM »
I’d rather we gave Curran some game time rather than Jamma. Let’s look to the future not square pegs in round holes

Isn’t Curran injured?

Neils

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: February 16, 2021, 08:20:59 PM »

Isn’t Curran injured?

Reported so.

Horusthewasp

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: February 26, 2021, 11:52:38 AM »
Surgery done yesterday.

Jack with his usual big smile!

https://mobile.twitter.com/jackswillis7/status/1364960320511479810

Hopefully we’ll get a (positive) update soon

hookender

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: February 26, 2021, 12:38:43 PM »
Surgery done yesterday.

Jack with his usual big smile!

https://mobile.twitter.com/jackswillis7/status/1364960320511479810

Hopefully we’ll get a (positive) update soon

Good to see all the goodwill messages

Let’s hope wasps sort out some better transport for rehab for him rather than being crammed into backed of his dads car like last time!